• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVE STAR

YoungMedic

I feel like that’s really the only thing separating them from the top-tier makers at this point, but that last 10% is worth it to a lot of people. Shawn seems keen to continue to work on closing that gap though, as these jackets have improved noticeably over the past year or two. Sourcing better materials (the sheepskin especially) and getting originals to copy has made a big difference. The prices have increased commensurately, but I think people are more than willing to pay that when they can see exactly where the extra money is going as opposed to makers raising their prices simply “because we can” (looking at you, ELC).

Agreed but as they say, the devil is in the details. That last 10% can be massive

leper-colony

Oh I'm a liar, got it.
Found a 90s Eastman jacket online with the wear as I experienced.
1635130221997.png

MrProper

Here is my latest shearling jacket from 5*.
It is the new reddish shearling, 22 mm thick (actually the jacket is not quite so thick because the hairs lie and do not stand).
Here are a few detailed photos.
The jacket weighs 5.62 lbs (2.55 kg).
The underarm gussets work great. Good mobility despite tight fit.
The zippers and pockets are what I wanted. The pockets are heavy cotton drill. It would certainly be possible to make them out of shearling, but that would make the jacket thicker and I didn't want that. And the pockets are still warm.
On Stormcuffs I have renounced, because that is then too tight for me. And since I wear the jacket in everyday life, this is not a disadvantage.
The chest pocket is positioned a little high. Since I have not paid attention when specifying the dimensions. But it does not really bother me.
Overall, I must say that I am extremely satisfied.
Unfortunately it is snowing right now and on top of that I am sick. Thus, the fit photos will have to wait a few days.
IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5444.jpeg

IMG_5450.jpeg
IMG_5430.jpeg

IMG_5431.jpeg

IMG_5432.jpeg

IMG_5433.jpeg

saucerfiend

Amazing! And hope you feel better and get those fit pics up. Your 5 star jacket always look great on you. Can't wait to see this one.

Brian

blackrat2

Really nice looking jacket..colour is spot on
Did you provide the lightning zip or is this Shawns offering as they look great

MrProper

Thank you all very much.
I saw the Lightning zips on the Irvin jacket and thought they would be good for my project.
However, it didn't look like it would work out at first because Shawn only had a few pre-patterns. All the nicer that it worked out after all.