• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVE STAR

Thomas Koehle

Talking about @Shawn Ali ...

Just received and happy with it ... - the compartments are large enough to accommodate my office gear with some extra stuff

I got an original at home and will compare on the weekend

owiwcU8.jpg

W7OyuDb.jpg

Y30pwaD.jpg

ausreenactor

I agree with @ties70 a patched together collar does not necessarily mean poor quality
My branded by orchard coast guard G1 has a two piece collar that is very solid considering its
Age based on its tag, the use of pink thread and separation on the jacket by 5star posted by @MaydayWei
Is strange and does speak to some quality control issues , especially using pink thread on seam on a brown jacket
Thats rather odd but a fixable issue if not by 5star a local shop that does fur work could probably sort it out
I’d be tempted to sew it myself using a curved needle to save a penny but that’s me

View attachment 63238View attachment 63239View attachment 63242
52! Did not know they made em that big.

ausreenactor

Talking about @Shawn Ali ...

Just received and happy with it ... - the compartments are large enough to accommodate my office gear with some extra stuff

I got an original at home and will compare on the weekend

owiwcU8.jpg

W7OyuDb.jpg

Y30pwaD.jpg
These look great! Need one like I need another jacket.....

Just bought another pair of RM Williams boots and two dummy guns.....

When I stop spending money I will probably grab one... wait...

ausreenactor

Dummy guns?

Well let's se 'em - i'm also a collector ...

Full metal, like airport... but legal. For now anyway.

bach37strad

Full metal, like airport... but legal. For now anyway.

Wait, Legal? There are places that would regulate co2 pistols? You poor bastards. What's next, slingshots and cap guns?

Been wanting a gov't model 1911 for a while. Got a mini 911 springfield in 380, but I can't decide between springfeild armory or a cheap GI model colt for the full size 45. Colts probably overpriced but they hold value pretty well.

Not exactly high on my priority list though. Just put a Cajun pro pack in my CZ-75D. Now if only I could find some 9mm to feed it....

WingAndaPrayer

Wait, Legal? There are places that would regulate co2 pistols? You poor bastards. What's next, slingshots and cap guns?

Been wanting a gov't model 1911 for a while. Got a mini 911 springfield in 380, but I can't decide between springfeild armory or a cheap GI model colt for the full size 45. Colts probably overpriced but they hold value pretty well.

Not exactly high on my priority list though. Just put a Cajun pro pack in my CZ-75D. Now if only I could find some 9mm to feed it....
Some countries won’t let you have a knife.

ausreenactor

I could buy Airsoft as a kid but 'evolution' has turned men into simps and words hurt.....

Anyhoo...

tda003

I have an Airsoft 1911. I used it my last place to train the neighbor's cat to stop walking along to fence to tease my dog. The cat was a fast learner. Not a perfect copy, but would probably do for a convenience store stick up.

Thomas, your navigation case would make one hell of a holster. Is that a one off or can Shawn make another? Likely I I could also use it as a briefcase.

tda003

Coincidence? I think not. IMA-USA just sent me an email touting their resin full size Browning .50 cal. machine gun replica and a lot of 5 Hollywood rubber prop guns: 3 Glocks, 1 1911 and a Walther PPK.

Thomas Koehle

I have an Airsoft 1911. I used it my last place to train the neighbor's cat to stop walking along to fence to tease my dog. The cat was a fast learner. Not a perfect copy, but would probably do for a convenience store stick up.

Thomas, your navigation case would make one hell of a holster. Is that a one off or can Shawn make another? Likely I I could also use it as a briefcase.

those briefcases are part of the standard portfolio of 5Star … - just drop a line to Shawn

leper-colony

New Fivestar Steerhide Werber out of the box. Shawn and team have been putting in some serious work if you follow their Facebook page, lots of new jackets. This one is every bit as good as my A1 at first inspection, I'm very satisfied with it. I imagine it's just like getting a wartime jacket. When I get some time I've got some reviews to write a. So much to do, so little time. Thanks Shawn!

View attachment 63526
Hoping you you have time for more pics and maybe some comments on how you like the steer.

Thomas Koehle

Hoping you you have time for more pics and maybe some comments on how you like the steer.

Got a 5Star Werber in Steer a couple of weeks back ...

ElvQMxk.jpg

WjiwG25.jpg

the material of my jacket is buttersoft compared to the goatskin @Shawn Ali and his guys use for their G1

seems to be a bit thicker as the goat but the touch is more "significant" (don't know the exact english description for that more "rich" or more "valuable" impression zou got when you touch the leather)

leper-colony

Got a 5Star Werber in Steer a couple of weeks back ...

ElvQMxk.jpg

WjiwG25.jpg

the material of my jacket is buttersoft compared to the goatskin @Shawn Ali and his guys use for their G1

seems to be a bit thicker as the goat but the touch is more "significant" (don't know the exact English description for that more "rich" or more "valuable" impression zou got when you touch the leather)
The goat for the Dubow I got was very soft. I think the word might be luxurious? I was thinking about the new horse hides but then started thinking about the steer hides as well! Thanks for the pictures!

YoungMedic

I've been wearing this to and fro in the car as much as I can, its bloody hot and humid here so mornings and evenings are about the only sane time to throw on an extra layer. If the stars align Ill get it out on the motorcycle soon as well. The steer is VERY similar to the goat in my A1, it feels the same, drapes the same and except for a little more grain in areas it looks similar. The goatskin on my A1 is seal so its a little difficult to compare. Overall I am still very pleased with this jacket, the measurements and fit is spot on for my taste, I'm planning on patching and painting this jacket eventually to do a better replication of the Belle of Brawl jacket I did a while back, I'm looking forward to getting that done as well. The details and finish of the jacket are also great. Comparing them to my DD and my Goodwear at a glance I'd say it's 90% there and I have a feeling if FiveStar offered super premium hide and components the fidelity would be even closer. I think the value of these jackets when they're right is untouchable at the moment and I'm glad to see FiveStar growing their business and continuing to pursue new contracts and makes.

IMG_8585sm.jpg

IMG_8586.jpg

Last edited: