• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVE STAR

bach37strad

Just got the G8 in today! Much thinner than I expected but still very warm, quality of the leather and stitching is outstanding.

I may have gone a little long in the sleeve, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the fit. The only thing I might have adjusted are the armpits, they are a bit tight, but not enough to make it unwearable. I wonder if they will stretch out over time or not.

If I had to make one change though I would add snap buttons under the zipper similar to an A2.
20210514_153523.jpg
20210514_153505.jpg
20210514_153450.jpg
20210514_153359.jpg
20210514_153341.jpg
20210514_153224.jpg

B-Man2

As the man said .. A2’s didn’t have snap buttons under the zipper, but aside from that, I wouldn’t be too concerned about the length of the sleeves, as they will shorten up a bit with the creasing in the arms that comes with a lot of wear . The jacket looks good , now go out and wear the piss out of it ! :)

WingAndaPrayer

Hey gang, I want to move my FiveStar seal Dubow to help fund the new Poughkeepsie. The classified section says I don’t have privilege to post there, why is that? What do I need to do? I would like to let someone here have first crack at it before I deal with the savagery of eBay.

Nickb123

All those are good selling points, but they only make me wonder why JC hasn’t sold more of them. Seems like in the A-2 collecting community, there are some really desirable contracts - Rough Wears, Dubows, Monarch, Star, Werbers and Aeros, and then there are some that aren’t much sought after: Poughkeepsie, Cooper, Fried-Ostermann, the like.

Nothing wrong with that, there just doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Some of the more popular ones were very wearable (Dubow, Aero), and some of the least popular ones were as well (Poughkeepsie). Likewise, some of the more popular ones are rare contracts (Monarch, Werber 1729), but some of them are also EXTREMELY common (RW).

It’s just a funny name to pronounce.Star or Roughwear just roll off the tongue. Doesn’t quite explain the lack of popularity of the Cooper but that’s my theory anyway...

ties70

I might be interested in the Poughkeepsie, as well.

Always liked the Poughkeepsie, as it is so remarkably "unimpressive"... As if they intentionally tried to make a jacket, that has absolutely no distinctive characteristics.. No fancy undertones on the hide, no gracefully curved pocket flaps... No special knit color...

... And thereby they have made the essence of a WWII mass produced garment. If it wasn't for an original contract, you could say that a Poughkeepsie is almost the Cooper or Cockpit A-2 of the 40s.

Brilliant!

ausreenactor

I might be interested in the Poughkeepsie, as well.

Always liked the Poughkeepsie, as it is so remarkably "unimpressive"... As if they intentionally tried to make a jacket, that has absolutely no distinctive characteristics.. No fancy undertones on the hide, no gracefully curved pocket flaps... No special knit color...

... And thereby they have made the essence of a WWII mass produced garment. If it wasn't for an original contract, you could say that a Poughkeepsie is almost the Cooper or Cockpit A-2 of the 40s.

Brilliant!
Like your take on it....

Persimmon

Hey gang, I want to move my FiveStar seal Dubow to help fund the new Poughkeepsie. The classified section says I don’t have privilege to post there, why is that? What do I need to do? I would like to let someone here have first crack at it before I deal with the savagery of eBay.

Is that the pictured one with the name tag and the decal issue. Might help if you mention the size to hopefully attract interest from parties

Chandler

Looks like you meet all the membership "fine print" criteria -- might want to contact a moderator.