• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Waldo Pepper

Xopher

57879.jpeg
57881.jpeg
57861.jpeg
57841.jpeg

Here are some photos of my new Five Star custom Waldo Pepper jacket in 1mm Seal Goat skin. I think I ordered a bit snug, what do yall thing about the fit?

Overall Im am very impressed with the quality of this jacket, especially for custome made and on my doorstep in 9 days for $200. Id love to do a review later

mulceber

It’s maybe just the slightest bit snug around the belly, but I wouldn’t have noticed if you hadn’t mentioned it. On the whole, I think it’s a great fit. Also, nice job pairing it with clothing that suits it.

B-Man2

If you’re not use to the way these vintage style jackets fit , you might think that it’s a little tight. but honestly yours looks good on you. Give it a little wear and some break in time and you’ll feel good about the fit.
Loving than Triumph !!!!
Looks like it might be a Bonneville.... yes?
Can’t see if it has the twin carbs of a Bonneville .

MikeyB-17

I’d say the fit was bang on, but depends what you want to wear under it, if you’re looking to layer underneath you’re not going to have much room. Also loving the Triumph, is that the original colour?

Smithy

Looks spot on to me. Remember that it will loosen up slightly with wear and at the moment it's looking very new. Give it a little time and you might be surprised how it eases up on your body shape.

Bloody nice bike and cap too, very stylish!

Xopher

I’d say the fit was bang on, but depends what you want to wear under it, if you’re looking to layer underneath you’re not going to have much room. Also loving the Triumph, is that the original colour?

Thank you very much. Im wearing it again today for the second time and the it is already feeling more broken in. The sleeve ride up a bunch if I put my arms forward but they feel about perfect with my arms down so I guess thats just how it is with jackets without a biswing back. Either way it certainly feels very livable.

Thank you about the bike.
Its a '65 Triumph TR6 painted in 1968 Dodge Plumb Crazy Purple. Original paint would have been two tone, I think a cream and gold.

Xopher

If you’re not use to the way these vintage style jackets fit , you might think that it’s a little tight. but honestly yours looks good on you. Give it a little wear and some break in time and you’ll feel good about the fit.
Loving than Triumph !!!!
Looks like it might be a Bonneville.... yes?
Can’t see if it has the twin carbs of a Bonneville .

This is my favorite riding bike of all time. A one kick start '65 Triumph TR6. I was road testing it after a new clutch for a 1000 mile trip coming up this month. These old Triumphs really have spirit

CBI

once its heavily worn, its going to look about as high end of any of the high end makers. already looks fab. Gotta give a shout out to 5-Star and at THAT price.....geeeeez!

Cocker

Saw those pictures yesterday on Five Stars FB page, and love the whole vibe! From the really great jacket to the bike, great job!

Don't worry anout it being a tad tight around the belly. My 55J14 was the same and it loosened with wear.

Xopher

Saw those pictures yesterday on Five Stars FB page, and love the whole vibe! From the really great jacket to the bike, great job!

Don't worry anout it being a tad tight around the belly. My 55J14 was the same and it loosened with wear.

Thank you very much. Im really glad yall like it. Its a lot of fun doing the photos too.

Xopher

So I was so impressed with my custom 5* Waldo Pepper jacket that I ordered another one in their Distressed Buffalo Hide with real horn buttons and red satin lining. This time I ordered their stock model in a stock size 38. Here are my observations.

The pockets on the Stock model are about 20% bigger than on my custom Goat hide model based off the Bill Kelso photos.

The back pannels and sleeve seams on the stock model are in line with eachother where as on my custom they are rotated about 1.5 inches.

My stock model has 26" sleeves and hem but my custom has 25" sleeves and hem. The sleeves feel better at 26" than on my custom jacket at 25". But 26" hem feels too long but still functional.

The buffalo hide is absolutely amazing. I mean this jacket is staggeringly beautiful in person, especially with the satin lining. The quality of the buffalo hide feels right up there with a $1000 jacket but 1/3 the price and so they won my loyalty. Im blown away by it and would strongly recommend the Buffalo to anyone interested in a 5* jacket. It seems like one of the nicest leathers they have and just stellar

I like each of the jackets for different reasons and they will both see much use. I think the perfect fitting jacket would be a mixture of the two jackets measurements, but they are close enough that I am very satisfied. This company certainly won my loyalty with quality, customer service, price range.

Attachments

• 58049.jpeg
    58049.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 375
  • 58048.jpeg
    58048.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 354
  • 58056.jpeg
    58056.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 357
  • 58055.jpeg
    58055.jpeg