• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Pepper Jacket

Given how often I’ll get to wear a jacket given my location, I just wanted something made of good leather that I wasn’t afraid to beat up. I also didn’t want to get too caught up on authenticity, and a good solution presented itself in the form of the Five Star Waldo Pepper Jacket - a jacket uniquely removed from authenticity arguments because it’s a fictional jacket (an A1-A2 hybrid) from a fictional movie. Paid extra for custom measurements and Shawn executed it as ordered, smooth transaction, great product. Thank you, Shawn. Let me know your thoughts on fit.

1584838623065.jpeg

1584838731292.jpeg

Attachments

• 1584838668407.jpeg
    1584838668407.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 191
One thing I wasn’t sure on was sleeve length - how they’re supposed to fit. I took a custom dress shirt (which has some excess built in for movement already) and just added .25” for creasing. When I hold my arms at my sides and bend at 90 degrees (a common test for dress shirts sleeves) - theres no cuff movement. When I hold my arms out like an airplane - none or only minor cuff movement, but In driving piston the cuff recedes to sit on or just behind my wrist bones and even more so when my arms are crossed, I shouldn’t be too alarmed as I’m used to this with suit jackets but wanted to know if the sleeves look too short.

even then, so long as my wrists are covered when my hands are at my side,im not sure I’d change anything. I’m a small guy and any leg or sleeve puddling makes it look like a borrowed jacket from your Dad or your big brother. But also wasn’t sure if they’d shrink further say if they got wet

Thank you! And thanks for fielding all the questions yes, Russet goat. I got the lighter .9-1mm weight goat and still surprised by its heft. I got matching thread and what Shawn lists as “seal brown” knits.

ausreenactor

Given how often I’ll get to wear a jacket given my location, I just wanted something made of good leather that I wasn’t afraid to beat up. I also didn’t want to get too caught up on authenticity, and a good solution presented itself in the form of the Five Star Waldo Pepper Jacket - a jacket uniquely removed from authenticity arguments because it’s a fictional jacket (an A1-A2 hybrid) from a fictional movie. Paid extra for custom measurements and Shawn executed it as ordered, smooth transaction, great product. Thank you, Shawn. Let me know your thoughts on fit.

View attachment 34033
View attachment 34036

Looks great!