• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Facebook Forum

bn1966

Five Star absolutely nailed the measurements which came from my favourite Type 3 denim jacket, millimetre perfect. Hide is black deerskin with a black silk rayon lining. First non military jacket I’ve ever had made, fancied a change.

Bombing IP

bn1966 is that one of the new labels on your jacket ,I agree the jacket came out great you wont see another one around like it .Was it hard to put on the rivet type buttons .

BIP

bn1966

bn1966 is that one of the new labels on your jacket ,I agree the jacket came out great you wont see another one around like it .Was it hard to put on the rivet type buttons .

BIP

Thanks BIP,

The label was one of the new 5* options which suits the nature of the jacket.

5* attach rivet buttons themselves to their leather Truckers. In my case I wanted vintage brass versions so asked Shawn to omit.

Spoke to my Father who said it took him 3 hours to position and attach them..he is very meticulous.

6CFDF111-84D4-4DB5-93CF-5180E34220B7.jpeg

busdrivermike

Blanket one would be nice may be some Indian design from Pendleton with a suede deerskin collar .

Like this
https://ginewusa.com/products/thunderbird-coat .

BTW busdrivermike its not my jacket its bn1966.

Mike you said a long while ago you sent a jacket to Shawn to copy ,how did it come out ? .It was a Motorcycle jacket if I remember right

BIP
Yep you remember correctly, there was a bit of a sizing issue, had to send it back and
Put the project on hold as the pandemic hit and my wife [boss] asked I not
Spend any big money as we were not sure what would happen work wise for
Her and me being on the disabled list at work, she wanted to batten down
The hatches just in case as there are more important things that come first.
The arm holes and upper arms were to small, my t-shirt would not fit in
With my arms and they pushed into my armpits
CAE43B0E-6BFC-4943-BE6B-618F3DFE6BF4.jpeg

I know and fully trust Shawn can easily correct this but right but I answer to a higher power
And I’m not exactly wanting for jackets , when I get the all clear I’ll let loose the
Hounds from within my wallet perhaps in the spring.

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Not sure if this video shows the Five Star facility or a customs warehouse...... get a look at the size of the place at the start of this video...