• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Facebook Forum

Smithy

I don't do FB but great to hear that the word is spreading far and wide about 5 Star. Shawn really deserves it for all the hard work he's put in. What I love is how he doesn't seem content to sit on his laurels but rather always seems to want to improve.

In terms of US leather flight jackets he will be starting to prune away customers from some of the excessively priced makers now that he's starting to copy originals and using far better details.

ties70

There is a lot of stuff on @Shawn Ali 's work bench these days:

We will see a first prototype made after the original early AEROLEATHER B-3 (mixed batch leather) that FS did acquire not long ago. Besides that he is working on a M-444 jacket.

An original STAR Sportswear A-2 is enroute to Sialkot, too.
We had a discussion about another original A-2 (RW 27752), but the jacket was heavily CBI-decorated (name tag was missing...) and quite pricey (5,000 USD). At least for Shawn's purpose to reproduce the contract...

Ties

CBI

I joined - great stuff - I like the post about 5 Star making leather jackets fun again.............great comms, prices, service. Makes things affordable for many who can't/don't want to pay top dollar.

I will be interested to see how the Star progresses.

The sheepskin jackets are really looking great as well.

Its going to be fun to see these jackets once they are heavily worn. Its going to take non VLJ and FL members to do that.....people who only own one or two leather jackets who will wear them all the time to get the break in!!!! ;)

Bombing IP

Yes an affordable hobby without high prices long wait and of course proper communication like a real company .Not this run silent run deep you get it when I am ready .Also your money is only with the company without product for a very short time 3 weeks at the most not one to two years .

BIP

bn1966

Just landed this baby, Shawn kept in regular contact through Facebook Messenger
Jacket by 5*
Vintage buttons harvested from Etsy & applied courtesy of my Father

304D60FE-43EF-4AC3-A27D-DDEFCE386AD5.jpeg