• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Dubow A-2 anyone??

DJS48

Since I have had a GW Dubow A-2 since about 2009, I am waiting for the 5 Star USL A-2, otherwise I am considering a WTB GW USL.
Don

ties70

Hi guys,

guess I can help:

@Shawn Ali is eager to make up for the discussion on the original FS Dubow thread....You remember? The "Heisenberg" situation? With the "totally incorrect snaps, making the whole pocket look like a lady's purse..."?

Shawn contacted his supplier for the United Carr snaps and ordered the parts that he will need to reproduce the more common construction (flat, uncovered snap)...this takes a few days....

Service oriented as he is, Shawn has taken the Dubow off the website as long as he is waiting for the parts! No need to get orders in, have them piling up and have customers get frustrated by longer waiting times!

I have contacted John Lever to reopen the original thread, so Shawn can post all the necessary information where it originally belonged.

Ties

Last edited:

Kennyz

Thanks for the update, Ties.

I hope John will reopen the original thread, many of us are quite interested in Five Stars Dubow.

Ken

Hi guys,

guess I can help:

@Shawn Ali is eager to make up for the discussion on the original FS Dubow thread....You remember? The "Heisenberg" situation? With the "totally incorrect snaps, making the whole pocket look like a lady's purse..."?

Shawn contacted his supplier for the United Carr snaps and ordered the parts that he will need to reproduce the more common construction (flat, uncovered snap)...this takes a few days....

Service oriented as he is, Shawn has taken the Dubow off the website as long as he is waiting for the parts! No need to get orders in, have them piling up and have customers get frustrated by longer waiting times!

I have contacted John Lever to reopen the original thread, so Shawn can post all the necessary information where it originally belonged.

Ties

Dimitry M

im thinking about this one. Does anyone have better pics of it then on the website? the leather in their pics looks really grainy and odd

mulceber

Probably because it's replicating 80 year old goatskin, which has a tendency to have really pebbly quality to it. If it's a look you don't like, I'd wait on him to restock his horsehide in the new year.

D97x7

Fresh out of the box, sorry about the picture quality, rather cloudy today.
First impressions are good, smells a bit goatish but that'll fade. Collar and epilets seem quite large but perhaps that's just me. Fit is good, I did go up in size as I felt my BK was getting a bit tight. All in all I'm pleased with it
IMG_20201221_145646.jpg

ties70

Fresh out of the box, sorry about the picture quality, rather cloudy today.
First impressions are good, smells a bit goatish but that'll fade. Collar and epilets seem quite large but perhaps that's just me. Fit is good, I did go up in size as I felt my BK was getting a bit tight. All in all I'm pleased with it View attachment 49719

Nick,

the fit looks perfect! No squarish shoulders!!

Mine should be made soon, too...

Best regards,

Ties