• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Dubow A-2 anyone??

D97x7

After a few days of all day wear and a soaking in the rain this thing just gets better and better :)
IMG_20201225_095555.jpg

Bombing IP

Nick I have to agree it's moving on nicely and it's Goatskin !.Goatskin does not tend to favour character creation . Very nice Nick I must say in such short amount of time way to go Shawn . Nick you need to keep us updated with pictures over the coming years how this is character is developing .
BIP

Bombing IP

Let us not forget it was Ken at Aero leather that saw the potential in the Five Star company way back when .Good call Ken ,its shows your secure enough to know there's plenty of room for everyone .This never get mentioned ,when was Five Star first brought up does anyone know or remember ?.

BIP

Bombing IP

I just realized the German Pilot jacket label on the previous page is in Germanic script and reads Five Star Leather in German , that is superb no one else has done this .I am sure Ties had a hand in this .Shawn all your proposed labels are great do not change a thing ,this brings you up a notch in the big game .I never liked your original label sorry it just did nothing for the product and I did not see any connection to leather or you as prestige leather jacket maker .

BIp

Last edited:

JimO

Anybody else got theirs? Got my order in this week.

Haven't received mine yet, but @Shawn Ali sent me some pre-shipment photos:

front1.jpg

20210101_200949.jpg
Liner.jpg
20210101_200631.jpg
pocket inner view.jpg

I decided to go for the dark reddish russet brown premium goatskin with mustard yellow/khaki cotton liner & acrylic seal brown knits, as I REALLY like the look of this color combination. I'm expecting it to look much nicer in person as the photos from the factory typically do not do the colors justice. As you can see, the colors vary from photo to photo.

The sizing is off-the-rack M/42 with 26.5" sleeves. They appeared to have hit all the measurements and the waistband attachment looks nice & tight.

Hopefully, it will arrive soon!

Jim

JulianK

Haven't received mine yet, but @Shawn Ali sent me some pre-shipment photos:

View attachment 50353

View attachment 50355View attachment 50356View attachment 50358View attachment 50359

I decided to go for the dark reddish russet brown premium goatskin with mustard yellow/khaki cotton liner & acrylic seal brown knits, as I REALLY like the look of this color combination. I'm expecting it to look much nicer in person as the photos from the factory typically do not do the colors justice. As you can see, the colors vary from photo to photo.

The sizing is off-the-rack M/42 with 26.5" sleeves. They appeared to have hit all the measurements and the waistband attachment looks nice & tight.

Hopefully, it will arrive soon!

Jim
Hey Jim,

colour on that looks amazing! Can’t wait to see it in natural light. The grain on the leather looks so smooth I thought it was horse for a second. Any particular reason you didn’t spring for the wool knits? Congrats on the jacket!

JimO

colour on that looks amazing! Can’t wait to see it in natural light. The grain on the leather looks so smooth I thought it was horse for a second. Any particular reason you didn’t spring for the wool knits? Congrats on the jacket!

Julian-

Here are a few images (with better lighting) that Shawn has just sent me. They show the details & true colors much better than the preview/approval photos. The jacket has been shipped and with luck, should arrive next week.

DSC_7610 copy.JPG
DSC_7621 copy.JPG
DSC_7622 copy.JPG
DSC_7623 copy.JPG
DSC_7624 copy.JPG

I have the seal acrylic knits on my Five Star Doninger. I like the color & they seem to be holding up well. I decided to go for the known quantity.

The only thing that doesn't excite me about this pattern is that the collar snaps on the body are exposed when the collars are not snapped down. Images of his original Dubow show this to be the same. To his credit and with great attention to the minute details, Shawn has copied the original nearly perfectly.

BTW, on both my Doninger & Werber, the snaps are covered by the collar- a subtle difference between the different makers' patterns.

I can't wait to receive it and think this is going to be a really great jacket!

Jim

Last edited:

busdrivermike

Julian-

Here are a few images (with better lighting) that Shawn has just sent me. They show the details & true colors much better than the preview/approval photos. The jacket has been shipped and with luck, should arrive next week.

View attachment 50442View attachment 50442View attachment 50443View attachment 50444View attachment 50445View attachment 50446

I have the seal acrylic knits on my Five Star Doninger. I like the color & they seem to be holding up well. I decided to go for the known quantity.

The only thing I don't like about this pattern is that the collar snaps on the body are exposed when the collars are not snapped down. Images of his original Dubow show this to be the same. To his credit and with great attention to the minute details, Shawn has copied the original nearly perfectly.

BTW, on both my Doninger & Werber, the snaps are covered by the collar- a subtle difference between the different makers' patterns.

I can't wait to receive it and think this is going to be a really great jacket!

Jim
Personally I like the exposed snaps on the body, probably from my love of
Motorcycle jackets , to me it shows the jacket was built strong with a purpose
Not just for fashion