• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five star distressed buffalo

Flash Badger

Morning all. I’m wondering if any of you guys have any experience with FS distressed buffalo? I’m looking to order a 1930’s civilian jacket from Shawns site and I’m wondering how natural the distressing looks and the natural grain of the hide. I already have one of his Donigers in goat so I’m tossing up between the two. Any photos would be appreciated.

Garry

Greg Gale

I have no experience with a distressed buffalo, but I'd leave it alone if I were you. The thing looks nasty...

e57e0df5625c0833a7885c066b6d4f63.jpg

Sorry :D

busdrivermike

I’ve examined the Buffalo @Garylafortuna had and anj-3 made
And The leather is a fantastic combination of thick and supple
My opinion , it’s fantastic
I’m sure Shawn at fivestar would send you a sample to examine.

Flash Badger

Thanks for the responses gents. I guess my question is more related to how the distressed look is. It certainly seems to get rave reviews but I’m concerned about how natural it looks and how well it matches the heavily grained appearance of the buffalo hide.

busdrivermike

Thanks for the responses gents. I guess my question is more related to how the distressed look is. It certainly seems to get rave reviews but I’m concerned about how natural it looks and how well it matches the heavily grained appearance of the buffalo hide.
As for looks that’s really personal, I generally dislike factory distressed leather jackets
But I found my friends jacket to look amazing. Very subtle shading that wasn’t
Like most factory distressed jackets, personally It reminded me of a large batch of coffee
Beans with lighter and dark ones being poured into the machine a Starbucks

Bombing IP

IT SEEM'S YOU JUST CANNOT HELP SOME PEOPLE .THEY MOVE FORWARD AND NEVER LOOK BACK .Re Buffalo hide Doctors bags were made out of Cape Buffalo for many years doubt if Doctors ever use such a thing any more .Cape Buffalo are more ferocious than water Buffalo although water buffalo is bigger .Lions stay clear of them unless they are injured or alone ,many lions and humans have been killed by them . They can get as heavy as 2.000 + lbs ,and have been known to hunt humans that have wounded them .They roam in herds size from 1,000 to 5.000 it has been reported that 200 people a year are killed by the Cape Buffalo . I you attack a Buffalo in a herd the herd will in turn come to attack you .

bip

Last edited: