• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star B-6

FreddyF9

Interested to know what chest size you are and what size you ordered, also how is the length..? Fit pics..?
I’m 176 cm tall (5 ft 9in more or less), my chest is 99/100 (39 in) and I went for a size 44 with modified length from 71 cm (28 in) to 62 cm (24,5 in); I had it shortened because I like my jackets to sit just few centimeters down my waistline.

FreddyF9

06CAFE0D-522B-404C-95F3-026F02C81D78.jpeg

Here’s a (quite bad) elevator fit pic.

London Cabbie

I’m 176 cm tall (5 ft 9in more or less), my chest is 99/100 (39 in) and I went for a size 44 with modified length from 71 cm (28 in) to 62 cm (24,5 in); I had it shortened because I like my jackets to sit just few centimeters down my waistline.
Thanks

CBI

seems like a great jacket and for the price point - super!!!! I'll bet after a year or two of hard wear, its going to be amazing

FreddyF9

For now my only “complain” is that the jacket isn’t as warm as I expected it to be; I thought it was at least over a B-10 level of warmth but it really isn’t. For now I just wore it with a shirt outside (as I usually do with my B-10 in winter) but it wasn’t warm enough for me. Maybe I just need to figure out better how to wear it.

FreddyF9

You need a Pike brothers C-2 sweater to wear underneath. They are made of merino wool, thin but warm. Its my go to choice for wearing under the B-6 during the UK winter.
I got one of those few months ago, I’ll try that. Thank you for your suggestion!

leboucher

For now my only “complain” is that the jacket isn’t as warm as I expected it to be; I thought it was at least over a B-10 level of warmth but it really isn’t. For now I just wore it with a shirt outside (as I usually do with my B-10 in winter) but it wasn’t warm enough for me. Maybe I just need to figure out better how to wear it.

Hi Freddy, I'm about to buy a b6 at FiveStar but concerned about the warmth. What temperatures would you say it's suited for? Thanks!

FreddyF9

Hi Freddy, I'm about to buy a b6 at FiveStar but concerned about the warmth. What temperatures would you say it's suited for? Thanks!
Original issue WWII B-6s were a garment made for the so called “intermediate zone”, that covered temperatures between 10 degrees to -10 degrees (Celsius). I’d say that Five Star’s B-6 covers pretty much the same temperature range; but I think that at -5 to -10 degrees you’ll need some serious layering to feel warm enough.