• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five-Star A-1 inspired jacket in pull-up HH

CBI

Just no time to post anymore. Promised Shawn a review but just can't swing it- too busy. here are pics, made to my measurements, really hard to find good representative pics of the color of the pull-up anywhere online, I think the outside pics are the most accurate. had to take them at a strange angle to avoid shiny/light reflection. As always, excellent, quick turn around. I did have to replace the buttons as the ones that were on the jacket when it arrived were not terribly vintage looking. Pull-up is nice HH, definitely not boutique quality which is exactly the point. Very vintage looking 100% wool knits, cotton lining. I didn't want legit small A-1 pockets but these are maybe a 1/2 inch taller than I would like but they are about the same as my other Five-Star and Bronson (see pic). Its a very practical pocket size and pockets I actually use!!!! Overall excellent work by the Five-Star team and the fit IMO is SPOT on since I was able to provide all of my own measurements. thanks so much Shawn

IMG_2003.jpeg
IMG_2026.jpeg
IMG_2032.jpeg
IMG_1978.jpeg
IMG_1977.jpeg
IMG_1979.jpeg
IMG_2041.jpeg

B-Man2

John
This pull up hide looks outstanding and as you know, it will just get better with age and wear .
Congrats!

B-Man2

Agree it’s you Vic … Johns posts have me wondering about what a 5 * DuBow A2 would look like in Pull-Up hide after About a year of hard wear .

saucerfiend

Agree it’s you Vic … Johns posts have me wondering about what a 5 * DuBow A2 would look like in Pull-Up hide after About a year of hard wear .
But, the question is, with all the jackets you have now, would it actually get a full year of hard wear?

CBI

My take on ordering a FS A-2 is that they still don't have a consistent product worked out. I might be totally wrong but I see occasional photos where the A-2 jackets look fantastic but then someone will post a similar jacket that does look nearly as good. There's a recent photo on their FB of a guy wearing a FS RW that looks amazing (from about 10 feet away). The pull-up is great "vintage:" style leather, its not "pretty" which is what I like about it. The graining is very inconsistent which I also like. I should take better pics as there is a lot more grain in the hide than can be seen in what I posted. Its seems that the FS "regular" /more recent HH might have more grain at first. I do think that after lots of wear these can be real contenders. If I thought I would wear yet another A-2 often, I might give it a try. I k now I cna get a perfect fitting jacket with them which is part of the battle!