• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fishmeok and NorShorLeather update

fishmeok

I have only been on the forum a few times over the last 3 years, but I was reading through today and saw a question about how things are going. I looked at my profile and it said I have been here since 2008, hard to believe it has been that long.

I stopped making jackets when my wife with diagnosed with lung cancer. She fought hard but cancer won and she passed last year. I am slowly getting back into the jacket world (Thank You John Chapman) and have started making some test jackets and working on ideas. I am going to be focusing more on civilian jackets and have started making half belts and am also working on a new 30's Cossack pattern. At some point I might start making A-1's and A-2's (probably a Cable as that has been my favorite pattern fit-wise) but I am keeping it simple for now and just focusing on gaining some momentum.

I am putting everything I have in process and planning on the NorShorLeather Facebook and Instagram pages. I took the website offline for now as it is completely outdated and I have to go through and revamp it.

I have some of the half belts on John's Goodwear sale page and also on my Facebook feed. Please stop by and take a look.

To keep it flight jacket related, here's a pseudo-Cable I made a few months back with a 459th FS patch. It's pattern correct, but has a different zipper, hardware, etc. My brother ended up with it and in an act of revenge I liberated one of my capeskin A-1's back from him.

33363938_10215692648332799_813774943996084224_n.jpg

Thank You
Mark

B-Man2

Mark
My condolences regarding your loss, Good to hear from you and glad to hear that you are slowly getting back into making some jackets. Looking forward to seeing some of your new line.
Regards
B-Man2

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Hi Mark so sorry to hear about your wife passing ,my sincere condolences . I am Jeff the guy who used to send you buttons in the mail . The jacket looks great I will be looking forward to your future creations especially on the military side of things .Glad to see you back on the VLJ .

My best wishes Jeff Wyman
BIP

Last edited:

dmar836

Mark, I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. You have been missed here but we’re glad to hear from you. Looking forward to seeing what you are working on!
Dave

Grant

Your community of leather jacket freaks here all send our condolences and are happy to see you back.

Silver Surfer

all of what they write, mark. welcome back, and dont be a stranger. civy jackets? good call, and best of fortune with them.

Smithy

Hi Mark,

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I'd wondered where you had been over the last few years but it's great to see you back.

BTW the beard suits you! And that's a damn nice looking Cable A-2 whatever the hardware is.

Tim