• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First pinup girl on leather...

a2jacketpatches

Lovin it!
Ties, appreciate your content here with such interesting eye candy, please keep it coming. Would love to see a tutorial about how the shading and highlighting progresses. Very impressed with your end results.

ties70

Guys,

here is an update.
I decided to add some mission markings and I have aged the complete back drawing with acetone and Tandy's Eco-Flo Antique Gel.

No flash in the first pic, so it is a little bit dark but the yellow is pretty close to original drawing.
princess_final_full_zpsqqdm9sqx.jpg

princess_final_zps8vcqwtmi.jpg

princess_final_babe_zps796mrug3.jpg

princess_final_plane_zpsljuxdblj.jpg

ties70

Plan is to add the squadron patch and have the knits changed, as they are kinda blended wool stuff, pilled and smelly.

It will remain an AVIREX, nevertheless, I will try to make the best out of it....

ties70

Guys,

here is an update on the "Pawhuska Princess" project.

The knits have been replaced by a local tailor shop, using the correct weave knitwear provided by me.
I have decided to get a set in lighter brown, to have a better contrast then with the original dark brown knits:

644th_on_jacket_6_zpskssnnz9u.jpg

As you can see, I did change my mind about the squadron patch and opted for painting it directly on the jacket:

644th_on_jacket_zpsbcrvsoo3.jpg

The lining has been stencilled with name and serial #:

644th_on_jacket_5_zpsra9sgz1o.jpg

644th_on_jacket_2_zpsj8jtwv6d.jpg

And a full front view (which is much too light!!):

644th_on_jacket_3_zpsrg7nypay.jpg

Take care!

Last edited: