• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Pic of my new B-3...

Skyhawk

As for the Hookless, all I can say is that if it doesn’t run and you’re sure the pin is fully pushed in, check that the pull isn’t getting snagged on the tape.

so it’s a Hookless with a Waldes puller?
That is a Waldes reproduction of the early to mid 1930's Talon civilian fantail zipper, seen below on the right. That zipper appears on Amelia Earhart's flight jacket. I procured the Talon marked puller for our reproduction. The Military used the Hookless shaped puller with Talon marked on it seen on the left.
IMG_20210408_213134890.jpg

Amelia Earhart's Jacket:
Zip-2.jpg

Lorenzo_l

Still working on it...I am sure that every one of these zippers must have a "sweet spot", and I am willing to find it ;-)
Wow. 5 Star seems to really have raised their game with this shearling jacket. It's so nice to see a new manufacturer improve their products they way they do, and listen to the advice of knowledgeable people such as this forum's. And the jacket is such a good fit on you, Ties, well done!

Last edited:

ties70

Thanks guys!

Yes, ordering a sheepskin flight jacket in late April, having it send to Spain, while you already splashed in the pool and the Mediterranean, knowing that you can't wear it for the next six months...all that is kind of weird.

But...imagine how the guys in Sialkot must have felt when they were making my jacket...The temperature there is significantly above 30° C...

I bet there was more than one person at FS scratching his head when @Shawn Ali came up with the idea of reproducing western military flight jackets... ...when he told them to make sheepskin jackets, they might have thought "Now he totally lost it!" :)

Ties

Enigma1938

I know we didn't part as friends a while ago but I have to say that you have received a great jacket. It's beautiful made and fits you perfectly. Especially the fleece is superb. Congrats on this.

Peter242

Does anyone know what leather the reinforcements are ? are those horsehide like in the other b3 by 5star?