• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Original A-2: Russet Perry 16175 in Russet

B-Man2

Hi JK!
That is a drop dead gorgeous A2 Perry . It’s fits you exactly the way it’s supposed to fit and if you’ve never owned a repro you’ll be happy to know that they do fit trimly . The hide on that is amazing and you should be very happy with your new piece of history. Now..Let’s just talk about that photo for a second . Wow! I don’t know if you’re a history buff or just a guy who likes jackets but from a historical perspective, that photo in the pocket is just a great find. With a little research into AE Dixon you might just be able to identify the woman in that photo as well .
I would probably look around now for a cheap repro A2 as an everyday beater and save that original for limited use. But that’s just me .
Good wishes with your great find !
Cheers

JulianK

Hi JK!
That is a drop dead gorgeous A2 Perry . It’s fits you exactly the way it’s supposed to fit and if you’ve never owned a repro you’ll be happy to know that they do fit trimly . The hide on that is amazing and you should be very happy with your new piece of history. Now..Let’s just talk about that photo for a second . Wow! I don’t know if you’re a history buff or just a guy who likes jackets but from a historical perspective, that photo in the pocket is just a great find. With a little research into AE Dixon you might just be able to identify the woman in that photo as well .
I would probably look around now for a cheap repro A2 as an everyday beater and save that original for limited use. But that’s just me .
Good wishes with your great find !
Cheers

I am a sucker for cool historical items asides from just jackets. The photo was completely unexpected and not included when I bought the jacket. I intend to research as much as possible into who A.E Dixon was and the woman in the photo.

My intention is to send this to Shawn once he gets his new stock of horsehide so that he can create a pattern and I will like use that as my everyday beater jacket and keep this one for more limited wearing. As soon as I got the jacket in my hands I felt like I had to keep it as well preserved as possible.

Unfortunately the bug has bitten me and I want a GW jacket for my collection....

B-Man2

I am a sucker for cool historical items asides from just jackets. The photo was completely unexpected and not included when I bought the jacket. I intend to research as much as possible into who A.E Dixon was and the woman in the photo.

My intention is to send this to Shawn once he gets his new stock of horsehide so that he can create a pattern and I will like use that as my everyday beater jacket and keep this one for more limited wearing. As soon as I got the jacket in my hands I felt like I had to keep it as well preserved as possible.

Unfortunately the bug has bitten me and I want a GW jacket for my collection....
Jk
Your are definitely a man after my own heart .
I love the historical significance of these original items and the stories that go with them .
cheers

mulceber

My intention is to send this to Shawn once he gets his new stock of horsehide so that he can create a pattern and I will like use that as my everyday beater jacket and keep this one for more limited wearing.

Honestly, I'd send it to Shawn before he restocks his horsehide, so he can model the new HH on your jacket. It's such a nice example of what original horsehide looked like.

Dimitry M

Well, moment of truth gentlemen. The package arrived and I was very delicate taking the jacket out and gently placing it down. Until I realized how strong the leather on this thing was, it’s super supple, has no real weak points or areas that I could see being an issue. The snaps and zips work properly and I’ve attached a photo of the zipper below. The only thing is the collar seems to sit funny, like something heavy was placed on top of it.

In terms of fit, it’s definitely on the tighter side but not uncomfortable by any means. I don’t have any reproduction experience to compare to any other manufacturers but it feels great. I’ve taken some fit pics below, certainly can’t complain!

View attachment 51041View attachment 51042
View attachment 51043
Upon inspection of the pockets, I managed to pull this out:

View attachment 51044
Amazing. the collar deformation could have been from a mae west or bad storage

blackrat2

Wow that’s spot on for your first A2 and the pic is a bonus
There was a couple other contracts that suffered the collar “issue”, I know it been raised on here before and some of the pics in the Eastman book have it also
Great colour and a nice fit for sure

JulianK

Honestly, I'd send it to Shawn before he restocks his horsehide, so he can model the new HH on your jacket. It's such a nice example of what original horsehide looked like.

This is a great point. I will shoot him a message tonight. I'm excited to see what he can do with the new HH.

Wow that’s spot on for your first A2 and the pic is a bonus
There was a couple other contracts that suffered the collar “issue”, I know it been raised on here before and some of the pics in the Eastman book have it also
Great colour and a nice fit for sure

The snaps were so tight, no wonder the auction house didn't want to open the pocket up. I never wear my jacket done all the way up so the collar "issue" is minor. Thanks for the kind comments.

ausreenactor

Well, moment of truth gentlemen. The package arrived and I was very delicate taking the jacket out and gently placing it down. Until I realized how strong the leather on this thing was, it’s super supple, has no real weak points or areas that I could see being an issue. The snaps and zips work properly and I’ve attached a photo of the zipper below. The only thing is the collar seems to sit funny, like something heavy was placed on top of it.

In terms of fit, it’s definitely on the tighter side but not uncomfortable by any means. I don’t have any reproduction experience to compare to any other manufacturers but it feels great. I’ve taken some fit pics below, certainly can’t complain!

View attachment 51041View attachment 51042
View attachment 51043
Upon inspection of the pockets, I managed to pull this out:

View attachment 51044
That is sterling!