• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally A Label!

tamoko

"Issued by the military-no."
with only one detail. If this document is not wrong typed.
Brooks "bgb" shares a government document with AN-J-3 which should replace A-2.
But maybe anybody just forgot et A with AN-J-3A ?
Strange, but how can USN AN-J-3A replace AF A-2 ?
Other question: why rich and luxury Abercrombie & Fitch use lining, military zipper, waistband and cuffs like on M-422A for civilian Jackets?

I know about "Hartman" name, and this is not German motorcycle but French made jacket.

Peter Graham

Hang on ! I've just had a thought, and that's rare. It had to have been a military contract at some stage or where would the designation have come from ? We all know the AN-J-3A was an official military contract so there had to have been an AN-J-3 for the 'A' model to follow it. Get my drift ?

hacker

tamoko said:
Other question: why rich and luxury Abercrombie & Fitch use lining, military zipper, waistband and cuffs like on M-422A for civilian Jackets?

Why not?

Hacker

tamoko

I hope Brook can share this document again .
If i remember right 1937 ANJ-3 (not AN-J-3A) should replace A-2.

tamoko

hacker said:
tamoko said:

Why not?

Hacker

because this military not luxury, and rich company don't have problem with material.

hacker

tamoko said:

It's on page 132 of "Combat Flying Clothing", by C.G. Sweeting. A copy of a supposed government document show the time line of some jackets....BUT.....that doesn't make it 100% accurate!

Hacker

tamoko

hacker said:
tamoko said:

It's on page 132 of "Combat Flying Clothing", by C.G. Sweeting. A copy of a supposed government document show the time line of some jackets....BUT.....that doesn't make it 100% accurate!

Hacker
Yes and this is a big question and lot of speculation. But what we can see is a jacket which looks like ANJ-3 and used by flight personal (original time photos) and some details are typical for military jacket.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
tamoko said:
Brooks "bgb" shares a government document with AN-J-3 which should replace A-2.

This one?

A-1spec.jpg

hacker

IMGP1961.jpg

As you can see it was an M442a without the mouton. All the other features i.e. wind flap, inside pocket, Talon zip, etc. were the same.

Hacker

tamoko

Yes i see AN-J-3 AND AN6552 but correct is probably AN-6552 -> AN-J-3A .
Question is was it planed in 1943 to replace AF A-2 by USN Jacket ?

tamoko

update to eBay Jacket
"The name is not bauer, it is much longer and I think the name ends in the word ------MAN BROS. Then on the left side of the label is what looks like a Marching Band Leader with a Baton, Then is reads: UNIFORMS and MENS WEAR,
The last line on the bottom of the label reads: ???,PORTLAND * SEATTL
Very hard to read this label."

hacker

tamoko said:

Maybe...but didn't happen!

If you look at the details in the photo....pocket size and flap, dark liner color, zipper box, fit, almost could be an Ed Church!...... If you could only see the leather pull on the zipper, if it was their signature long leather pull, we might have a match!

Hacker

hacker

tamoko said:
hacker said:
As you can see it was an M442a without the mouton. All the other features i.e. wind flap, inside pocket, Talon zip, etc. were the same.

Hacker
Like this theater made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1950s-G-1-LEATH...oryZ4729QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-USN-G1-LEAT...oryZ4729QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those are bogus repairs!......The second jacket now a hacked up 55J14........the first one even worse!

Hacker

hacker

tamoko said:
update to eBay Jacket
"Then on the left side of the label is what looks like a Marching Band Leader with a Baton, ........

I'm guessing it ain't issue! :p

Hacker

Roughwear

hacker said:
tamoko said:
update to eBay Jacket
"Then on the left side of the label is what looks like a Marching Band Leader with a Baton, ........

Hacker

The seller describes the jacket as a civi A2! I am sure this is not an issued jacket.

hacker

tamoko said:

Why would you say it's written incorrectly?.....They use an A abbreviation on other jackets in the listing.......I hate to tell you this but there ain't no Easter Bunny! :p

Hacker

tamoko

hacker said:
tamoko said:
hacker said:

Hacker
Like this theater made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1950s-G-1-LEATH...oryZ4729QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-USN-G1-LEAT...oryZ4729QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those are bogus repairs!......The second jacket now a hacked up 55J14........the first one even worse!

Hacker
I know, but on photo probably theater made MOD.
I think sometimes to replace mouton on leather on one of my original M-422A too.

tamoko

hacker said:
tamoko said:

Why would you say it's written incorrectly?.....They use an A abbreviation on other jackets in the listing.......I hate to tell you this but there ain't no Easter Bunny! :p

Hacker
??????
I don't writ about listing.

hacker

Roughwear said:
hacker said:
tamoko said:
update to eBay Jacket

Hacker

The seller describes the jacket as a civi A2! I am sure this is not an issued jacket.

It was a joke......

H :ugeek: ckr