• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Few pics of the new (to me) Lost Worlds A2

Hobbstc

Hey guys, thanks for recommending this one off of eBay. Its gorgeous in person. I think it fits great, what do you think? I was comparing its fit to the pics of JC on his website and I think they are comparable. I like the sleeves being just a bit long as I hate sleeves riding up every time I try to grab something above waist level. Plus they should shrink up just a tad when the wrinkles set in. Great recommendation, I really appreciate it.

lostworlds1.jpg

lostworlds2.jpg

lostworlds3.jpg

lostworlds4.jpg

lostworlds6.jpg

Hobbstc

So the fit looks right? Just making sure. I have seen fits from skin tight to falling off. Just want to make sure it doesn't look too big.

RCSignals

Looks fine to me. Wear it constantly and 'work' the leather. It will soften up a great deal. The more you wear it and soften the leather the better it will look and feel wearing it.
Some great grain on that one

B-Man2

Looks great....You definitely hit the mark, it looks new.
You might want to leave the guy on ebay some nice words for that one.

Andrew

LW Dubows are made from super heavy HH and will take some breaking in. Plus they make the sleeves a little wide imo. You probably won't want to do this just having shelled out for it but i'd be giving it some serious HWT! Good catch though.

RCSignals

No don't HWT it, but do wear it in all weather.

Just work the leather in your hands as I said in another thread, and wear the jacket as much as you can.....are you wearing it now?.....get it on. As uncle grumpy says it looks very new and hardly worn.

LW jacket pattern was changed slightly in the 90s and since, raising the arm hole slightly and tapering/ narrowing sleeves and some other things bringing it closer to original Dubow patterns. It seems often times people are unaware of this or recite from reviews still on the Internet of older versions.

Robman

Well done! I love mine for sure and wear it constantly. The hide definitely loosens up as you wear it, but you must wear it! You put the time in and you won't regret it!

Clark J

There should be a good tailor around the base,,,take it in and get those sleeves tapered.I had a LW and you can do it just from the elbows to the cuffs and it will make a BIG difference!!Your cuffs will not tunnel anymore and you'll get that great sleeve wrinkling!!

CBI

I would wear the jacket for a while before you start messing with alterations (if any) as you might prefer the roomier sleeves AND, you just got it - enjoy it for a while.

Hobbstc

Thanks for all the kind words. I am definitely going to just enjoy it as is for a while before I make any changes. I'm wearing it as much as possible to help the break-in process. I have no idea why, but it really looks as if no one wore it.

unclegrumpy

CBI said:
I would wear the jacket for a while before you start messing with alterations (if any) as you might prefer the roomier sleeves AND, you just got it - enjoy it for a while.
I agree.

The only thing I might add is to "wear it like you stole it" or maybe more accurately....were issued it. I bet if you wore it in the rain a few times, but left it on as it dried, you would find it will mold to you pretty quickly.

Andrew

Getting the jacket wet and letting it mould to you is probably the best option. There are various opinions on using hot water and the way I've done it is to run hot water over the leather portions only in a hand basin until they're wet then wear it till it 's dry- IIR this is what JC used to recommend. I think the process and end results of machine washing is too extreme.

A

Anonymous

The jacket fits you well IMO and the sleeves- while wide- are justified by some original Dubows which had wide sleeve ends and big sleeves in general. The bad part about the look of the Lost Worlds vis-a-vis the real thing is that Stewie insists on putting the pockets about 2+ inches too far apart! That's the main thing "wrong" with the LW repro. I actually owned one and had a tailor correct the pocket spacing and it looked much better. Seriously though- the jacket looks good on you- I wouldn't mess with it.

RCSignals

I've compared the LW sleeve ends to other jackets. The sleeve ends are not wider. The pocket location is in keeping with many original Dubow jackets. But if one is ordering one directly from LW I'm pretty sure they would move them if that is what was wanted. It would be a custom though and probably not returnable

A

Anonymous

RC:
The pocket location is in keeping with many original Dubow jackets.

Not true my man! Unless you are talking about a size 36 or 38! LW keeps the pocket location the same in relation to the underarm seam and it gets wider at the belly. My size 46 LW had pockets 11" apart from front edge to front edge. I can show you (and will when I get home) many photos of original dubows in large sizes with a small distance between the pockets at the front and a larger diostance in relation to the underarm seam. I searched in vain for any justification photo of an original with wide apart pockets. I found none. This sadly is something Lost Worlds gets absolutely WRONG...

Roughwear

Jeff is quite correct about the pockets on the LW Dubow. It is not the most accurate repro available and falls short of GW Dubows in terms of accuaracy. It is very odd that the drawing no. on the label has a digit missing! Here are pics of my original Dubow by way of comparison.
061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg