• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Few L-2b, now with fit pictures

Just finished in Japan, a very small batch made for the 09/10 season.
I managed to squeeze into a Large at the Few Trade show in Tokyo this March, I have a 2XL coming.
I don't know the basis for the pattern, it is labelled "The Few Mfg. Co."
ThefewL-2b01.jpg

ThefewL-2b02.jpg

ThefewL-2b03.jpg

I also have a B-15b on order.

Bevan

watchmanjimg

Re: Few L-2b

With the brown leather tabs and blackened zippers on what may have been inspired by the Blue Anchor or Superior Togs contracts, it appears to be a figment of The Few's imagination. That said, it's a hell of a nice-looking jacket in any case. I like it!

watchmanjimg

I agree regarding the authenticity, Gleb, but it's a nicely made jacket and for larger guys in particular repros may be the only option to enjoy good nylon.

I don't know enough about nylon jackets in general to geek out on the details, nor am I interested.
Given that it's labelled "The Few Mfg Co." means it's a house style, as per Eastman or Buzz Rickson labelled jackets. It's an amalgum of various details as has been pointed out, fashion fanatsy? Nope.
I know it's well made and I have the chance to obtain it without shipping, proxies, customs, duties etc.
If I could have found a Buzz sz 44 in Japan when I've been there I may have sprung for one, though they all tend to be covered in patches, authentic or otherwise.

Bevan.

Peter Graham

Looks cool. I like the contrasting zipper tape and the fact that it doesn't have a decal. Bet it's damm expensive though.

bseal

Bevan, they're right, it's a real P.O.S. Sorry that they are making you walk around town in that.

I have a Buzz Rickson L2-B size 44 that I would be happy to trade you though.

dav3469

Not knowing much about "The Few" as a maker.... What do they mean by XXL ????

Is it something that my 48/50 Body can fit in (haha I know its a long shot, but will ask anyway)........

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

dav3469 said:

XXL is a 44, the L-2B is not tight fitting, and will probably work as a 46, but that's about it,

dav3469

deeb7 said:
dav3469 said:

XXL is a 44, the L-2B is not tight fitting, and will probably work as a 46, but that's about it,

Darn, thought so...... too bad they don't do a 46 or so.........

tamoko said:
No need to apologise to me Gleb, check out the thread about the ATF B-10, the fellas that point out all the shortcomings of that jacket compared to a Buzz or ELC, and then still waste their money on it deserve your sorrow, not me.

Bevan.

bseal said:
Bevan, they're right, it's a real P.O.S. Sorry that they are making you walk around town in that.

I have a Buzz Rickson L2-B size 44 that I would be happy to trade you though.

Thanks mate :) It's comforting to know that when the insults and taunts from the 'man in the street' get to much to bear, that I've got the option to "upgrade" :lol:

Bevan

ps, thanks fella's for the PM's, I hope I can help

Tim P

it looks good but I can pay a lot less for inconsistencies. If it were a straight L2 inod rather than sage it would be peachy. As it is, its fine and I would wear it but I would not choose it over a jacket that was to spec.

bseal

Peter Graham said:
The one on the site doesn't have the oxygen tab.

Yup, Bevan took one for the team here.

Pssst, Bev, my offer still stands, trying to be your emotional bedrock in this, your moment of absolute darkness and despair.

Peter Graham said:
The one on the site doesn't have the oxygen tab.
Pete, nor did the one at the show, dunno what happened with the tab. The pic's are not of MY jacket, it should be with me early Jan 2010, so I'll see then.
Bevan