• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite piece in everyone’s collection?

mulceber

CBFE97B8-E630-479E-87A5-A678AEA1C712_1_105_c.jpeg

You have failed the Turing Test, bot. Nice attempt though, mentioning Monarch Mfg. though...

B-Man2

The Type A-2 Monarch jacket imitates every detail of the cut and style of the Monarch Manufacturing Co. to satisfy the unmatched authenticity. My wife knows my weakness for such things and gave me a copy. She did not assume that I would take the jacket off just for my son's wedding. I felt as confident in the tuxedo I rented from Gentleman's Guru as I did in my flight jacket. This type of jacket is used in aviation worldwide, both military and civilian.
E459FB4F-8627-4F9F-8F5E-D3A4957D4226.jpeg

usafwso

What jackets does everyone wear the most/love the most, sentimental value, etc?
Does it have to be a flight jacket and not another piece of flight gear? If so, a David Clark S-1023 full pressure suit/helmet ensemble. Now for jackets, probably the A-2 issues to me in the Air Force in which I hate wearing because it is so uncomfortable to wear and has 0% insulating value. It is a sentimental piece as it is pretty much besides my helmet, oxygen mask and headset, the only remaining items of flight gear that I actually used. The rest of it was obtained out of my military career.