• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fade Quest …. Part Deux…

B-Man2

I'd have a full on butt pucker over leaving that Monarch out in the elements. I hope that the hide turns out for the better as it's already perfect in my eyes.

I call first dibs if this goes sideways and she turns into a size 40...lol. ;)
Wow!
I’m really feeling a little dejected that my ELC Monarch is sort of being left out in the cold on this discussion ;)

coolhandluke

Wow!
I’m really feeling a little dejected that my ELC Monarch is sort of being left out in the cold on this discussion ;)

I honestly didn't mean anything by it Burt. Jan's GW is just a bit of a grail jacket for me. If it were mine, I'd be terrified to leave it unattended out in the elements. That's just my own OCD, particularness, and overly cautious personality talking though. I tend to baby everything that I own, especially if it's monetary value is particularly high.

B-Man2

I honestly didn't mean anything by it Burt. Jan's GW is just a bit of a grail jacket for me. If it were mine, I'd be terrified to leave it unattended out in the elements. That's just my own OCD, particularness, and overly cautious personality talking though. I tend to baby everything that I own, especially if it's monetary value is particularly high.
Cool
I was actually just joking around with you . I know that there’s no bad juju there. I still appreciate your response. :)

Pa12

Me too. In fact for many years I stopped buying “nice”cars for daily drivers. Seemed like there was always something hitting them etc. I got tired of worrying all the time about the damn things.

Pa12

Wow!
With you monitoring it I don’t the sun is going to hurt anything. Imagine what originals have gone through in 80 years. I’m always paranoid of getting them wet though. Not the leather but the knits. Seems to me they get loose and lose their elasticity.

mulceber

With you monitoring it I don’t the sun is going to hurt anything. Imagine what originals have gone through in 80 years. I’m always paranoid of getting them wet though. Not the leather but the knits. Seems to me they get loose and lose their elasticity.
Yeah, but replacing knits is just part of the life of the jacket - Always been that way. Heck, the original Class 13 catalog offered replacement knits.

JonnyCrow

If the sun can fade the paint on a vehicle

Zu
You mentioned elsewhere that you’ve been to art school. At any point was fading of artworks due to UV exposure discussed ?
I know that all prominent works of art are protected from sun light exposure to protect them from fading . I know this is off the subject but UV Rays cause just about everything to fade, from shingles and tiles on roofs to the paint on vehicles . I’m just wondering why you don’t feel that this would be a factor on the color of a leather jacket ?
Just asking .
In the American Revolution, British redcoats were recognised as veterans by their faded pink tunics, happens to red cars also

mulceber

For an ordinary person wearing jackets nowadays? Years, depending on the knits. I've had my BK Star approaching 3 years now. I've never had the knits changed and I've never been careful about stretching them. They're doing just fine.

B-Man2

Jan :
I’m a little embarrassed to tell you this but I don’t know what the hell happened to your GW … I know it was pretty hot today and the sun was really intense … but I never expected this … :oops:
IMG_0833.png

;)