• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F1 electrially heated clothing set up

Carl

After reading a post regarding the F2 jacket .
Thought id post a pic of my F1 " blue bunny" set up
FB_IMG_1524399831530.jpg

Last edited:

Skyhawk

Wow that set is HOT! ;)
Seriously though that is a unique item for display. Never seen the boots in such pristine condition. Looks like they were just made.

stanier

Sorry, no Carl, it was my bad sense humour about different coloured knits from other threads. Your kit looks really cool, but I know zero about F1 gear so ignore in the context of your great looking setup, and apologies.

Cheers

Chris

Carl

Hey no worries Chris , it wasnt until after i posted my reply that it clicked !! :D
Why you not a VLV ??? ;)

Carl

Looks like it was a blast this year with the Stray cats playing ?
One of our local bands from up here in the north east was playing too ! The Neutronz .
Doggy commitments stop us from doing anything !! :D:confused:

stanier

Yes I’d have liked to see the Stray Cats.

I’m quite a fan of The Neutronz! We’ve seen them a couple of times at the shakedown and last year at the May Hemsby. It’s strange they played in Luton a few months ago which is about 8 or 9 miles from us but we missed them! Oh well.

Cheers

Carl

Great bunch of lads !
I digress from the subject !! sorry !,

Just as a matter of interest , the Type F1 suit shown is from the first contract awarded in December 1941 contract is thought to have been completed in November 1942. The contract was for Suit gloves and shoes for a total cost of $2218K . This was a dual contract , ( A dual contract is one that carries 2 contract numbers, one of which was generally a lend lease award, only one contract number however appears in the list .)
Procurement cost for the 3 items of the set was $46
making the total contract for 48,217 sets (?)

Last edited: