• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Experiences with SM wholesale?

Enigma1938

I placed an order at SM wholesale for the first time on August 30th and never heard anything from them since then, no shipping note, no status update, nothing. Yesterday morning I contacted them on their website and received no response until now.
What are your experiences with that company? Are they always that lame or do they just don't like me...

Juanito

Real sh*tty communication. First hand knowledge.
I second that with first hand knowledge.

Mixed feelings about SM. Juan did me an extraordinary favor by letting me have the last frog skin utility top he had. Also bought several other P-41s (best anywhere), and some Roughout boots that were meh. But I have never gone back after returning two items that were marked with absurdly wrong sizes, getting the run around for two months, and never, ever receiving a refund.

Brettafett

Same as above.
Bought an A-2 from them a few years ago, after going over sizing, they were really helpful, but the jacket turned up one size too big.
This was back in 2015/6, since then any correspondence has been like throwing coins into a fountain, nothing much happens.
Was looking at their Tankers a while back, but lost interest.
Not just SMH, seems there are a few makers/ companies out there that struggle with correspondence/service...

jerome35

Only things I've received from SMwho was when I bought items from their ebay shop or through SOF in UK. Every time I tryed to purchase from their website, I never get any response nor items...only lucky to have paid with PP so got refund.

leper-colony

I second that with first hand knowledge.

Mixed feelings about SM. Juan did me an extraordinary favor by letting me have the last frog skin utility top he had. Also bought several other P-41s (best anywhere), and some Roughout boots that were meh. But I have never gone back after returning two items that were marked with absurdly wrong sizes, getting the run around for two months, and never, ever receiving a refund.
This. Same.

Thomas Koehle

Should be about 2 years ago when i once had the owner on the phone asking for some details (do not even remember what it was about ... - wasn't his mother German???) but finally didn't buy back then ...

ordered their cavalry boots 2 months ago which have been delivered smoothly within 1 week but i made that deal via their EBAY shop which apparently works much better than ordering direct ...

xLVgfyp.jpg

saucerfiend

Should be about 2 years ago when i once had the owner on the phone asking for some details (do not even remember what it was about ... - wasn't his mother German???) but finally didn't buy back then ...

ordered their cavalry boots 2 months ago which have been delivered smoothly within 1 week but i made that deal via their EBAY shop which apparently works much better than ordering direct ...

xLVgfyp.jpg
What is their ebay address?

ausreenactor

xLVgfyp.jpg

Is the calf fit good?

Not poorly cut?

Enigma1938

xLVgfyp.jpg

Thomas, can you please tell me if you had any issues with german customs? Did they catch you package or slipped it through.
Thank you

Enigma1938

Update:
Last Saturday I finally received a message from Steve at sm wholesale that my garment "is currently in the sewing machine and will be shipped Monday or Tuesday". Well and again no further message since then nor a shipping note... the communication really sucks :(

Thomas Koehle

Thomas, can you please tell me if you had any issues with german customs? Did they catch you package or slipped it through.
Thank you

Currently i mainly work in the US so i got the package sent to my adress in South Carolina - customs in Germany getting more and more picky so i'd expect they will pick your package for paying taxe/toll