• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Experience with this brand?

Brettafett

That looks exactly like Cockpit's WW2 Government issue A-2... But at a lower price point. Half lower in fact!

They have G-1s and other 'Cockpit' jackets also. I wonder if its an 'outlet' or something...
If this is in fact the case, not bad price for a nice, 'generic' pattern horsehide jacket.
However, for a similar price you could get one of Platon's Dubows. Levels above these! A lot more authentic, nicer leather, better knit and components, on another level.

Last edited:

Ed Rooney

That looks exactly like Cockpit's WW2 Government issue A-2... But at a lower price point. Half lower in fact!

They have G-1s and other 'Cockpit' jackets also. I wonder if its an 'outlet' or something...
If this is in fact the case, not bad price for a nice, 'generic' pattern horsehide jacket.
However, for a similar price you could get one of Platon's Dubows. Levels above these! A lot more authentic, nicer leather, better knit and components, on another level.

I think US Authentic wouldn't be much more if you catch a good sale.

Brettafett

Still, if you are US-based, not a bad option for a well-made jacket (if you don't mind the authenticity angle)... Cockpit makes a good jacket.

Ed Rooney

Agree. My mid-80's G-1 has held up very well, especially considering the amount of beer, hydraulic fluid and jet fuel it soaked up.

B-Man2

Just a personal preference, but for a few dollars more, there are other jackets out there that are better value for the money.

Skyhawk

I have bought patches from these guys. Smooth transaction and good quality.

That jacket doesn't look great though. The hide looks flimsy and the pockets are big. also it has Hand warmer pockets. I would shop around. You have to wonder when "LEATHER EPAULETS AND UNDERARM GROMMETS" are listed as features...

Ed Rooney

I have bought patches from these guys. Smooth transaction and good quality.

That jacket doesn't look great though. The hide looks flimsy and the pockets are big. also it has Hand warmer pockets. I would shop around. You have to wonder when "LEATHER EPAULETS AND UNDERARM GROMMETS" are listed as features...

I think you are reading it wrong. The horsehide says “Top Entry Side Pockets”. The current issue says “A-2 Flight Jacket Current Issue Goatskin With Side Entry Pockets”. It’s confusing language. They should say “top entry FRONT pockets” for the horsehide.

Bossk

I have bought from them the leather Harry Brubaker nametag for my jacket and the service was awesome! Superfast shipment from US and great craftmanship
BC0026EF-F57C-4089-9869-46635D53AEF1.jpeg

London Cabbie

What are people’s thoughts on AVI Denmark...?

B-Man2

What are people’s thoughts on AVI Denmark...?

Oh my ... now you’ve done it ... you’ve poked the bee hive.
just kidding.
A few guys have them and like them a lot. It’s not an ELC or GW but a lesser level repro that’s nicely made of goatskin but not historically accurate . Here’s a photo of mine .
Full disclosure here .. I’m selling it not because I don’t like it , but I just have too
many jackets for living in Florida .
BCB13150-CA5A-4BBB-A26A-F1273430B89B.jpeg
B38E96E0-98D9-49C4-A655-C14AD9BEE51D.jpeg

Last edited: