• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excellent repro - M41 from WW2impressions

Enigma1938

As I posted my tanker jacket in on other thread and mentioned M41 jackets I just want to share my exemplar made by WW2impressions with a few improvements as usual.

I have had various repro M41 jackets from different makers, but there was always something wrong with every version.
Mostly the cut was totally off, seams were on places were they shouldn't have been, the belt piece on the back was too high, the color was off or the material used was BS.... etc.

After a long journey I was able to get a M41 from WW2impressions and this one is almost perfect in every way. Material, cut, color, buttons, buttonholes, seams, everything is spot on!
Well, the perfectionist in me still had to do one or two improvements: changing the WW2impressions branded label to a original maker one and changing the zipper to an original wartime conmar one which is exactly accurate for this jacket.

One of the best repro ww2 cloth jackets ive seen so far.
20230425_180415.jpg
20230425_180553.jpg
20230425_180706.jpg
20230425_180630.jpg
20230425_180436.jpg
20230425_180442.jpg
20230425_180455.jpg

Chandler

FWIW -- I mentioned previously owned tankers in your other thread and a WW2 Impressions was one of them.

It was a well-made jacket, but there were too many details that made it less-than favorable to me.

The sleeve cuffs were too short, the body length was too short, and the shell color was a weird pea-green color -- leaning to yellow-green.

The jacket was from the late 90s or early 2000s, so I imagine there could be many changes by now (if they're even selling them anymore), and the above M-41 looks pretty good.

B-Man2

Enigma1938

Original M41 linings evolved over the war period. It had started with a kind of fine flannel and ended up with a quite rough and itchy wool cloth with many stages between.
This one here resembles a relative early flannel style lining.