• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever wear leather with shorts? STOP IT

zoomer

It must be bad manners or something, because it makes some people very angry. One of them called me “stupid!”

MeachamLake

The look is called “Aviation Casual”. It’s so hot right now. Get with the times. Flying goggles and flip flops, leather jackets and speedos etc etc.

Brettafett

I almost did it at Duxford last year. It was so warm, but one feels obligated to take an A-2... :cool: But... no.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
i wear a-2s with tan chino shorts, and i dont give a hoot as to anyones opinion about it. whats more, ive been doing it for many years. a perfect combo for an early am surf session, imo. dont like it? dont look.
Well said!

Last edited:

Micawber

My bare legs a pretty sight they do not make, so when in the country it is thick high waist corduroy trousers and stout brogues for me whatever the weather, this is England after all old boy ;)

johnwayne

To each his own I say but, a def no no in my book. Anything with long sleeves for that matter I think looks a little odd when wearing shorts.

tjoenn

Well, since Steve is asking so nicely.... wasn't going to do it, but what the heck... and not just shorts, but swimming trunks mind you!!! This was Florida a year ago, I was so excited to receive my cable raincoat that I forgot what I was wearing under :) Now go ahead and have a good laugh! :)

Attachments

• IMG_5477.JPG
    IMG_5477.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 185

Garylafortuna

Well, since Steve is asking so nicely.... wasn't going to do it, but what the heck... and not just shorts, but swimming trunks mind you!!! This was Florida a year ago, I was so excited to receive my cable raincoat that I forgot what I was wearing under :) Now go ahead and have a good laugh! :)

Shocking, and with that Mona Lisa smile.

B-Man2

OMG!!!
IM BLIND!! I can’t see a thing!!
Wait a minute .... ok the sights coming back... What the hell was that anyway !!! ;)

Steve27752

Oh dear, oh dear! me and my big mouth!