• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

etc monarch and original comparison

Silver Surfer

just for the hell of it, I decided to take a coupla pix of my elc monarch a-2 [1 year old]and my original monarch a-2 [[80 years old]. no real commentary other that elc does a damn good job of getting most of the details right. I blacked the zipper teeth on my elc as per originals, and painted the zipper puller and stopper box brown as per originals.
IMG_3832.jpg
IMG_3833.jpg
IMG_3834.jpg
IMG_3835.jpg
IMG_3831.jpg

mulceber

Such nice jackets - ELC did a particularly good job nailing the collar shape. Also, how did you go about blackening/browning the zipper? That's been one of the things nagging at me since I've started looking at Monarch repros.

B-Man2

This is one contract that ELC did a nice job reproducing . As Vic said, there are some small areas that are missing from the original WWII Monarch, but overall it’s a beauty of a repro A2 .

Last edited:

ausreenactor

just for the hell of it, I decided to take a coupla pix of my elc monarch a-2 [1 year old]and my original monarch a-2 [[80 years old]. no real commentary other that elc does a damn good job of getting most of the details right. I blacked the zipper teeth on my elc as per originals, and painted the zipper puller and stopper box brown as per originals.View attachment 56188View attachment 56189View attachment 56190View attachment 56191View attachment 56187
Your newer ELC looks a lot lighter than 'our' Monarch.... possibly due to a lot of wear.....

Thanks for sharing them!