• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Epaulette accuracy- various repros compared to original Aeros- 21996, 18775, 15142

mulceber

Yeah, it’s sad to see, because in the grand scheme of things, this point of inaccuracy on the part of the Aero-Scotland jackets is quite minor, but I get it: if your colleagues in the field feel like you’ve been a jerk to them about their work, they’re going to be brutal in their critique of yours.

And, big picture, Ken’s going to be ok: militaria sales represent a rather small part of Aero’s business, and within militaria, it’s only the Aero contracts that have come under attack. Maybe a couple fewer people will buy an A-2 from Aero, but that’s nothing. This is just a particularly ugly public shaming.

Last edited:

DiamondDave

Yeah, it’s sad to see, because in the grand scheme of things, this point of inaccuracy on the part of the Aero-Scotland jackets is quite minor, but I get it: if your colleagues in the field feel like you’ve been a jerk to them about their work, they’re going to be brutal in their critique of yours.

And, big picture, Ken’s going to be ok: militaria sales represent a rather small part of Aero’s business, and within militaria, it’s only the Aero contracts that have come under attack. Maybe a couple fewer people will buy an A-2 from Aero, but that’s nothing. This is just a particularly ugly public shaming.

This is by no means public shaming, as I have stated this is long in the making and well deserved. Oh and we haven't even talked about the other contracts that they make yet. We will get there.

DD

DiamondDave

Lets just put this to bed right here, shall we...

mulceber

This is by no means public shaming, as I have stated this is long in the making and well deserved. Oh and we haven't even talked about the other contracts that they make yet. We will get there.

DD

We can quibble over the meaning of words, but I would consider this public, and it’s definitely a shaming. But like I said, I get it: you feel that Ken has deliberately hurt your business and been mean-spirited to boot, and are punching back. I’d probably be doing the same in your shoes.

Ken at Aero Leather

WOW guys, maybe the accuracy of the aero jackets is questionable, but attending such lynching is rather uncomfortable.

:oops:

Please don't worry on Aero's behalf
We've been here before It's like rain off an Eagle's back
Bigger and better folk than the current clique have tried and failed to bring us down

DiamondDave

Please don't worry on Aero's behalf
We've been here before It's like rain off an Eagle's back
Bigger and better folk than the current clique have tried and failed to bring us down

Nah, nobody is trying to take you down. As a point of fact, you came to John and asked if he was interested in “licensing” the name Aero. Unclear as to why you made that offer, the name isn’t yours to offer anyway.

DD

stanier

Guys, just an observation from someone who wishes you both well, there's a lot of calling out John's name and without knowing if he's given his permission, this could have its own set of problems, not least for John and your relationships with him.

Isn't a private meet and chat in order to either, agree to differ or else find a way forward?

Micawber

I've had enough of this 'sniping' and points scoring......Why don't you both fuck off and take your shit somewhere else.

I concur.

This and the other thread is unpleasant, some of the contributions from the long dormant and now returned self proclaimed expert reek of the snotty arrogance that made me throw in the towel with VLJ more than once in the past. Pathetic.

Do the right thing and take it to email, dirty washing spoils the view.

Grant

Sorry to disagree, but pointing out inaccuracies of a repro maker is helpful for those of us interested in getting it right. Maybe I'm a thick skinned New Yorker, but it doesn't reek of arrogance. I'm hear to learn, rather than the usual polite, great fit, looks good commentary.

Micawber

Believe me I'm no shrinking violet, quite the opposite, but instead of being a lesson in furthering information and education, some of the content of this and the fit thread just comes across as tit for tat point scoring BS.

Skyhawk

You don't always get it all perfect on the first go around with these reproductions. You do your best, but sometimes things are missed or miss interpreted. As dedicated reproduction manufacturers, we need to have the flexibility and willingness to change things when new facts or mistakes are discovered. In fact we ought to be thankful for others pointing out how we can be more accurate.

A simple "That's an interesting point, we will look into that and make changes if necessary." would have probably avoided this thread turning so unpleasant.