• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

English Pub Coffee...

ties70

Hi,

does somebody have a GW in the English Pub Coffee hide? I am looking for some pictures (other than those on the GW website).

Thanks in advance,

Ties

airfrogusmc

Ties is this what you were looking for?
_MG_6536.jpg

_MG_6538.jpg

_MG_6535.jpg

_MG_6522.jpg

And click here to see it compared to Pauls original.

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Dubow_04_sz52/

T-Bolt

I am not positive, but I think that the English Pub Coffee is a definitely darker than Vermont Expresso. If my memory is correct I think the Pub Coffee is a pretty dark seal brown......way darker than Vermont expresso.

I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

Ted

zoomer

T-Bolt said:
I am not positive, but I think that the English Pub Coffee is a definitely darker than Vermont Expresso.
Of course, actual English pub coffee is lighter in color than your typical glass of bitter. Not to mention more transparent. ;)

kkochheiser

John sent me samples of both and the Pub Coffee is cow hide and maybe just a little bit darker in the sample than the Vermont Espresso which is horse hide. Both are very nice and very similar.

Kent

T-Bolt

rjbaal said:
Another question-is the Vermont expresso Goodwears "Russet?"

Have you spoken to John Chapman yet?? He could clearly answer a number of your questions. Give him a call. :cool:

Ted

ties70

Allen,

I really like the Vermont Espresso hide but I am looking for something darker.

The English Pub Coffee is actually cowhide. It is a dark seal brown and the leather looks as if it might develop some real nice undertones.

There are pictures on John's website...I was just wondering if somebody round here has already ordered a jacket in this hide...

Regards,

Ties

Chandler

zoomer said:
Of course, actual English pub coffee is lighter in color than your typical glass of bitter. Not to mention more transparent. ;)

I just want to know why I'd be drinking coffee in an English pub?

A pint of bitter wouldn't be a burden! :)

Chandler

airfrogusmc

swoose774 said:
frog,
thats the best hh i've seen in a while. is it typical of the hh john has or is it a one off custom?
art
It was the same hide he bought when he was in Chicago a while back. I got to see it then. I think he's going to keep making jackets with it though he told me he was having trouble getting consistency. I'm sure if he has a talk with the tannery they can work it out.

aurang

Spray-Finish Capri Walnut (I think) 27798, photographed a little more mottled/reddish than in reality

GWdubow3.jpg

GWdubow4.jpg

Pub Coffee 27753, photographed a slight bit lighter, more of a dark-mid brown in real life

brownBHPgrips3.jpg

greyhound52

aurang said:
Spray-Finish Capri Walnut (I think) 27798, photographed a little more mottled/reddish than in reality

GWdubow3.jpg

GWdubow4.jpg

Pub Coffee 27753, photographed a slight bit lighter, more of a dark-mid brown in real life

brownBHPgrips3.jpg
Very nice that capri walnut looks like the real deal. I like the addition of the Browning Hi Power nice touch. Like my Sig tho.