• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Embroidered 531st Bomb Sq patch - work in progress

Yardstick

A couple of images of the patch I am currently working on (taken in artificial light so looks a bit greyer that it is in reality).

This is probably 10 hours work so far, with another 6 or so still to go. It's always a good idea to photograph work as it seems easier to spot errors. In this case I'm not happy with the red bow tie, so will unpick and re-do it - thankfully not a big job.

Img_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.JPG

Yardstick

I generally work while watching TV in the evening and it now seems a very natural thing to do. I find I get into a rhythm with whatever is on: stitch, glance up, another stitch … repeat.

I genuinely don’t think there is that much skill involved, although experience helps with some of the more complex designs. Patience is key but for me working on these patches is a great way to relax.

ties70

I generally work while watching TV in the evening and it now seems a very natural thing to do. I find I get into a rhythm with whatever is on: stitch, glance up, another stitch … repeat.

I genuinely don’t think there is that much skill involved, although experience helps with some of the more complex designs. Patience is key but for me working on these patches is a great way to relax.

I have the same with painting patches or jackets: Pure meditation for the brain....

Yardstick

I had a few meetings I had to dial into today, which gave me the opportunity to finish off the patch.

So here it is finished and ironed.
Img_0300.jpg

The reverse.
Img_0302.jpg

And, finally the money shot - cut. It's like adding a frame to a picture, really makes it pop.
Img_0304.jpg

And, as a bonus here's a painted version of the 531st BS patch, I did a couple of year's ago.
Img_1226.jpg

ausreenactor

Spitfireace

Nice! It took me a year to embroider a patch once. Just working off and on when I was into it. I know what the labor is to do a convincing hand embroidered patch.

Members online

Latest posts