• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELMC by Gary Eastman

CBI

OMG - the Bolt one is better as it showcases some jackets, but why just a few - missed opportunity . Get a different video crew guys. BTW, I have directed/produced a number of videos for my work so I am not coming at this as just an armchair film guy.

Shropshire-lad

S’all good, I wasn’t being especially serious anyway, so absolutely no offence taken (if I was truly hipster I’d have taken massive offence and be trying to get you ‘cancelled’ haha).
Oh, that’s ok then - thanks for clarifying!

MikeyB-17

Always liked this one
5515EFAB-88F4-4AD5-A3F8-642531AE33D6.jpeg

B-Man2

I’ve ridden and raced motorcycles for a great many years . ( Not bragging just sayin ) while the B-3 and the half belt jackets in this video look great from a fashion perspective, if you hit the ground at anything more than about 20 mph the hides of both those jackets would probably disintegrate and wouldn’t offer much protection. Proper motorcycle leathers are made differently with thicker leather and double and triple stitched seams and sells for about 1/2 of the price of most ELC leather jackets . But you have to give it to ELC … they do know how to market their over priced stuff.

917_k

All this grumpy bitching has me itching for a morning ride on my triumph scrambler a tad custom, wearing a Dubow A-2/Red wing boots/Gripper gloves/Naked&Famous selfedge jeans...

Oh my I feel on the wrong side of the VLJ fence now...

Tongue in cheek really...

Good day.

D

Oh do it!!! I hit the roads in that attire all the time.....behind the wheel of my 1.2ltr Vauxhall Corsa. I don’t think I’m doing this whole jacket thing right am I? Haha

Dany McDonald

Oh do it!!!

Hey 917_k, I actually did exactly what I wrote, and in that exact attire... I like the motorcycle style and love to ride. Don't understand all the fuss and negativity against hipsters in general... sign of the time I guess.

Last edited:

Smithy

Don't understand all the fuss and negativity against hipsters in general

You obviously never lived in Fitzroy, Melbourne then ;)

Look, I''ll eat avo on toast with the best of them, but all the pretentious wank about clothing, food, and trying to not be cool to be cool gets bloody tiring after awhile. Plus getting swiped by some over-bearded bugger's oiled up beard in a pub more than once is nearly enough to start a fracas.

Plus it's the hipsters' fault that all the old stuff that we like has shot up in price.

Me hate hipsters? Nah, but you get a bit tired of the over cultivated try hard to be cool crap.

Chandler

All this grumpy bitching has me itching for a morning ride on my triumph scrambler a tad custom, wearing a Dubow A-2/Red wing boots/Gripper gloves/Naked&Famous selfedge jeans...

Oh my I feel on the wrong side of the VLJ fence now...

Tongue in cheek really...

Good day.

D
Depends. Which Red Wings? ;)

Smithy

The thing that gets me when you think about it is, considering what Gary is charging now for his clobber you reckon the tight arse could splash out on a decent director and production crew to make a decent bloody video, not the amateur hour crap that that one is.

Chandler

Iron rangers, 10 years of spit wax care, you should see the patina!:)

Dany
You're making me ask... which hide?

My Copper Rough & Toughs are going on 3 (I think?) years and I love 'em. Probably should have down-sized a half size, but my hiking socks make up the difference well.

Chandler

Chandler, color of actual type?

One brown and one black... Most probably cow.
I was just referring to the marketing name RW gives their boot hides -- mine are the Copper Rough & Tough; basically nubuck, but they have a great patina.

So yours are the Black Harness & Amber Harness? Or is the black the Charcoal Rough & Tough?