• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELMC by Gary Eastman

Happy Hooligan

Bit harsh.....
Not really. The Camera is is awful. Shaky, can't stay on focus. Loses focus. Editing is awful. Shots hang on way too long, and odd shots just to fill out the piece, which would be so much better if it was 1/2 the length. No color correction. And as it was produced it's dark, depressing, and sad. Just how to sell clothes. No story, unless it's just bikers that get tired a lot and have to stop and smoke and sit, then get on their bikes and ride for a minute and stop again. I mean did they write a script or just wing it? Hence, the 1st year AV students at the local high school and I'm sorry to insult the kids in the AV department.

ausreenactor

Not really. The Camera is is awful. Shaky, can't stay on focus. Loses focus. Editing is awful. Shots hang on way too long, and odd shots just to fill out the piece, which would be so much better if it was 1/2 the length. No color correction. And as it was produced it's dark, depressing, and sad. Just how to sell clothes. No story, unless it's just bikers that get tired a lot and have to stop and smoke and sit, then get on their bikes and ride for a minute and stop again. I mean did they write a script or just wing it? Hence, the 1st year AV students at the local high school and I'm sorry to insult the kids in the AV department.

You're talking about Mad Max then? ;)

Chandler

Finally tried to watch. Got 2 minutes in and got bored.

Funny detail I caught, though; at one point there's a closeup of the lead rider and I thought his jacket zipped backward -- then they cut to him again and it was normal. Flopping the images for *what* reason?

I guess this "art" is above me. ;)

Give me Wilder or Sturgess any day.

Happy Hooligan

Finally tried to watch. Got 2 minutes in and got bored.

Funny detail I caught, though; at one point there's a closeup of the lead rider and I thought his jacket zipped backward -- then they cut to him again and it was normal. Flopping the images for *what* reason?

I guess this "art" is above me. ;)

Give me Wilder or Sturgess any day.
or Jimmy just got a copy of Premiere and convinced Eastman he's an "Editor." Just another example of what I was talking about. In all honestly I stopped at 3 minutes in. It was just the same rehash and I couldn't watch anymore.

CBI

I guess this is a mood piece/overall vibe of the brand video. i think its kind of ............ stupid. WTF are they selling? there are not even notable jacket close-ups, production............weak. There is nothing that separates these jackets from Mall jackets in the video. Besides it kinda sucking overall, well, I guess I was not impressed!!!!!!

Shropshire-lad

I am guessing they are trying to appeal to the demographic that can afford to pay for garments that won’t be used in “anger”, apart from down to the local trendy coffee shop to be ”seen”..... and possibly owning a ginormous wallet/credit card accompanying equally large ego and perfectly coiffed beard.
Ok - farrrr to cycnical...... I’ll get me coat..... !

Kermit3D

I generally agree with this.
A lot of focal effects, weird framing... it looks like the whole movie is made of "cut shots" (I'm not sure if that's the right word in english. Those shots that normally just serve as transitions).
It doesn't serve the scenario at all (even if there is no scenario)... and it makes a big and insipid soup.

No I'm not a raging man :)

917_k

Video is a bit ‘meh’ but I thought they look pretty cool, but then I’m a nose pierced, vegetarian, expensive coffee slurping, flight jacket fashionista ‘hipster’ you guys hate anyway, so what do I know.

Shropshire-lad

Video is a bit ‘meh’ but I thought they look pretty cool, but then I’m a nose pierced, vegetarian, expensive coffee slurping, flight jacket fashionista ‘hipster’ you guys hate anyway, so what do I know.
Whoa.... no offence intended, Sir, I like flying jackets, decent coffee, eat veggie when my Wife cooks it, and have a (white) beard...... but I don’t/couldn’t class myself as a ‘hipster’ - too old for starters. I totally have nothing against any “herd” anybody attaches too..... I just think that clothes are for wearing, being “used” etc.... I like to think I’m not too precious about them. If you can afford ELC, which I no longer can, and wear it to death....GO for it. I guess I find poseurs a bit tiresome is all..... again, I am old!!
ALL my comments are meant not to offend and if I have I apologise

917_k

Whoa.... no offence intended, Sir, I like flying jackets, decent coffee, eat veggie when my Wife cooks it, and have a (white) beard...... but I don’t/couldn’t class myself as a ‘hipster’ - too old for starters. I totally have nothing against any “herd” anybody attaches too..... I just think that clothes are for wearing, being “used” etc.... I like to think I’m not too precious about them. If you can afford ELC, which I no longer can, and wear it to death....GO for it. I guess I find poseurs a bit tiresome is all..... again, I am old!!
ALL my comments are meant not to offend and if I have I apologise

S’all good, I wasn’t being especially serious anyway, so absolutely no offence taken (if I was truly hipster I’d have taken massive offence and be trying to get you ‘cancelled’ haha).

Lord Flashheart

I’d agree that the Keep Britain Tidy people would not be impressed. Could be marketing cigarettes (but not beer I notice), sunglasses, redundant farm yards, nice pebbly beaches or a host of other things. Leather jackets even. I guess I’m just not the target audience. And you’d think the female perspective is a decided risk of an own goal In the marketing department.