• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC's russet?

C.J.

I can't stand to be A-2less for four months waiting for my GW so I'm thinking of buying a RW 1401P or a house A-2 in russet from ELC to hold me over. I've been looking for a nice used one to pop up, but no such luck.
Does anyone here know how the two jackets compare color wise? I like a russet that leans toward the browner side. I've never been a big fan of the overly reddish or orange-ish russets. Can anyone tell me if one leans more toward a darker brown than the other?
Thanks,

Tim P

House yes, RW,..... not in my opinion. collar never sits right, even on the improved model.. It may be that a collar stand is fine for you but not me... :(
Their current cable run is a pleasant mid brown with none of the reddish tones of earlier runs and the Werber is a nice caramel shade if a 'maker' A-2 grabs you but goatskin doesnt. (personally itis too early a contract and I shy away from it.)
The advantage of a Cable is that you will know that the size you order will fit owing to the body shape being identical to the monarch!!