• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Werber's arrival April 2007

srivats

Beatiful jacket and great pictures ... your youngins' seem to enjoy the unpacking :D

The jacket looks fantastic after one year ...

better duck

gomez said:
Fits great except HPA told me the shoulders were 19" across and it measures 20". !9" would have put the shoulder seam square on me which is what I was shooting for. I'll have to wait till Monday to call them and take issue with that.

Hey Gomez, did you follow up on that one? What came of it? Just curious...

gomez

Hey B.D.,

I did query Charles about it at the time but it turned out to be a moot point. If the tape is held at the top of the back to the epaulet edge it does indeed read 19". Practically though it is 20" measured between the outer edge of the shoulder seams at the top of the epaulet. This distance determines where the seam is going end up when you put the jacket on.

I'm a little thick chested so to get comfortable in a typical A-2, I wind up in a size where the shoulders are slightly wide. I think I'll try a Dubow next as I believe they are cut with proportionatly narrower shoulders. My girlfriend thinks I'm a little obsessed but I've taken to working out my shoulders with dumbbells on a regular basis to help with the fit. Its all fun I say....

better duck

Curahee said:
Explain thick "chested" ;)
I suppose the English and / or Americans differentiate between "thick chested" as in this case and "big chested" on the feminine side... :lol:

gomez

Uh, deep chested maybe a better word and wide across the back. Fit, not fat. If I were a skinny malnurished WW2 pilot I'd wear a size down and the shoulders would square up nicely. As it is the epaulettes are about 5/8" too long and hang off a bit. I see that a lot on pics of A-2 repros being worn. The jacket fits ok but the shoulder seams should be higher. Funny thing, I saw in 'Band of Brothers' those A-2's fit those guys as perfectly as could be.