• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC updated B-3

John Lever

Wow ! At this price,The Few had better watch out. The outer looks amazing.
I want one !
Up date, just bought one.

John Lever

I am compulsive when I can afford to be. Although a very big fan of all things RMNZ, this one has a impressive vintage look that could be a winner. So why not buy one for a closer look ?
A sample of the Aero RD RAF skin came today and I don't think I will go ahead. It looks the same as previous materials and not as good as the pics. posted here recently. Maybe it's from a different batch ?
A sample of the new ELC hide is on it's way and if I like it then my older ELC Anj-4 will be for sale soon. It's two tone. Interestingly Alan insists these have never been available.

Falcon_52

Wow! That does look very, very nice. I wonder if Eastman is just selecting or sourcing these grainier hides or if there is some sort of pre-construction treatment to get the grain to come out.

Either way, it's sure to be a winner!

Noel

John Lever

I spoke to Allan Eastman today and he told me that the skins are tanned when they arrive at the factory, but the outer coating is applied by hand by Gary himself.This gives the translucent variable finish that we all like so much.

Tim P

very shrewd of ELC to pick up on the current preference for leather to be flawed and organic looking. It should beguile some of the nay sayers. there will still be the top end smooth jackets available but the choice to have something altogether more austere and military is welcome. their b-3's were a sod to wear in so a 'worn' version will fly off the shelves IMHO.

handworn

Those time-worn ones do look great. I just ordered a B-2, but didn't specify that. Perhaps I'll email about it.

Hey, is it just me, or does ELC's B-3 look way more accurate in the collar shearling than Aero's to other people too? Aero's looks more like pile, more furry than woolly.

John Lever

handworn said:
Those time-worn ones do look great. I just ordered a B-2, but didn't specify that. Perhaps I'll email about it.

Hey, is it just me, or does ELC's B-3 look way more accurate in the collar shearling than Aero's to other people too? Aero's looks more like pile, more furry than woolly.
Aero's wool is very straight and very thick. The outer is rather characterless though.