• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Star Sportswear VS. ELC Monarch fit...

A

Anonymous

Grant said:
Wow, you're hopelessly mired in your own self importance.
BTW, Suit Up! is one of thee worst printing jobs ever done. The colors and contrasts are so off compared to the originals it's laughable. You gotta get out of you basement and away from your keyboard and start looking at originals in the flesh.
This is my last posting on your ever so boring diatribe.

Looking forward to your next GW jacket on ebay... lol

Hopeless... :)

You know (and your tastes confirm it)- I think you could look at originals, repros, books whatever and still not see these nuances. You're detail-blind! Poor little man...

269sqnhudson

rotenhahn said:
Grant said:
Wow, you're hopelessly mired in your own self importance.
BTW, Suit Up! is one of thee worst printing jobs ever done. The colors and contrasts are so off compared to the originals it's laughable. You gotta get out of you basement and away from your keyboard and start looking at originals in the flesh.
This is my last posting on your ever so boring diatribe.

Looking forward to your next GW jacket on ebay... lol

Hopeless... :)

You know (and your tastes confirm it)- I think you could look at originals, repros, books whatever and still not see these nuances. You're detail-blind! Poor little man...

I'm sure he can see some of them, just not the ones you've made up :lol:

Chandler

Can we stop feeding this troll now... I think he's overindulged his appetite for attention far beyond his diet.

Chandler

A

Anonymous

269:
I'm sure he can see some of them, just not the ones you've made up

Deny all you want... I can back all this up! In fact- tell me the ones I've "made up" and I'll school ya...

Curahee

rotenhahn said:
Grant said:
Sorry ol rooster, some of us just don't agree with you. I've seen plenty of period photos (and own a nice little collection of original vintage prints) of A-2s that were baby butt smooth, others that were partly grainy, and others that were gnarly grainy. Once again there are no absolutes in this crazy obsession of ours.

BTW, that cool photo you posted reminds me how much my ELC Cable drapes almost the same.
I doubt you've ever seen an original A-2 that was as smooth as a 2001 Eastman 1401p- the closest I've seen is the Security Togs A-2 in the McGuire book. Smooth even straight bland boring soulless... I think I'm in the situation of trying to explain art to someone- it can't be done- if you can't see it you just can't- so be happy to settle- no need for perfection when it isn't an issue to you...

Smooth even boring straight soulless:
ELCcab_pock2-1.jpg

What about this standard ELC house A-2 ?

april08017.jpg

A

Anonymous

Curahee said:
rotenhahn said:
Grant said:
Sorry ol rooster, some of us just don't agree with you. I've seen plenty of period photos (and own a nice little collection of original vintage prints) of A-2s that were baby butt smooth, others that were partly grainy, and others that were gnarly grainy. Once again there are no absolutes in this crazy obsession of ours.

BTW, that cool photo you posted reminds me how much my ELC Cable drapes almost the same.
I doubt you've ever seen an original A-2 that was as smooth as a 2001 Eastman 1401p- the closest I've seen is the Security Togs A-2 in the McGuire book. Smooth even straight bland boring soulless... I think I'm in the situation of trying to explain art to someone- it can't be done- if you can't see it you just can't- so be happy to settle- no need for perfection when it isn't an issue to you...

Smooth even boring straight soulless:
ELCcab_pock2-1.jpg

What about this standard ELC house A-2 ?

april08017.jpg

I like it!

A

Anonymous

I like it! To my eye it even looks like the little leather tab may be in there- the snap isn't glaring at me... :D