• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Star Sportswear fit poll

Which size fits better?

Votes: 33 71.7%

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters

Flightengineer

Greg, as I already wrote you on TFL forum, 40 fits you cool!
More better than 42 and your pics with a jacket size 42 only strengthened my confidence.
I myself wear the same jacket at the same size 40, as you know. My height is 180 cm and weight 78 kg now.
The longer you wear it, the more comfortable it will be.
The only drawback of this excellent jacket is that it is still heavier than A2 from goatskin.
In the rest it's a beautiful A2.
The sleeves is normal in length ;)
I wish you a successful premiere of your single ("I'll be Gone" was nice!)

da7a897202f3.jpg

Greg Gale

The curse has lifted!:)

Yesterday I had the chance to try on all the jackets I wanted and compare with my Star in front of a professional board made up of the guys at ELC, my gf, and Brett. The Monarch had a strange shape, The RW 1401 fit well, but I preferred the darker seal, the later RW was pretty good in size 42, the wider shoulders made the sleeves ride up less than the Star’s, but in all other aspects it fit me less well than mine. They agreed that the Star is the best match for my body type. Neil (? - I didn’t catch his name) from ELC added that I’m lucky with how nicely it broke in, such grain is rare. So I left the PX relieved :)

PS: price increase or not, ELC still makes the best jackets in my opinion, YMMV.

Brettafett

Greg, that Star looks fantastic. The grain on that jacket is spectacular to see in person and it fits you spot on.
You are even luckier to have such an understanding and patient girlfriend. Even in that heat, with the guys trying on and discussing jackets, she had the biggest smile and even seemed to be getting a kick out of our pedantications. Was great.
Every time Greg walked into the ELC stand or past it, Gary smiled. No better advertising than you walking around the show.
Yes, these price increases are going to disappoint many folk, but agree with you Greg, an ELC is top of the pile.
Those that have, hang on to them - you don't want to imaging what these are going to cost by the end of the year.

Flightengineer

Brett we are hang on and keep it :). I already had 3 offers from colleagues who wanted to buy my Star from me ("suddenly if you become fat and it become too small to you" .... ha ha ha ... vultures :)

mindful

I like the size 40 I think it looks more like a vintage fit or you could’ve got a 40L for the extra length in the arm and boy

Greg Gale

I like the size 40 I think it looks more like a vintage fit or you could’ve got a 40L for the extra length in the arm and boy

Thanks @mindful . Since the last reply I've worn my jacket A LOT, flying & driving, plus I applied some gentle stretching to the sleeves as suggested in another thread, as well as some leather conditioner. Now I got it to fit me like I want to, and I'm glad I didn't go for the long size.

mindful

Thanks @mindful . Since the last reply I've worn my jacket A LOT, flying & driving, plus I applied some gentle stretching to the sleeves as suggested in another thread, as well as some leather conditioner. Now I got it to fit me like I want to, and I'm glad I didn't go for the long size.
That’s great the star sports looks well on you

ubiubi

[QUOTE = "Greg Gale, post: 199702, membro: 6344"]
Ieri sono andato a un servizio fotografico per la copertina del mio nuovo singolo che uscirà presto. Questi non sono i vincitori selezionati e anche abbastanza grezzi, ma ho pensato di mostrarti come appare la taglia 40 su di me quando eseguo pose più naturali che stare in piedi davanti al mio iPhone con un timer.;)

[ATTACH = full] 5289 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = full] 5290 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = full] 5291 [/ ATTACH]
[/CITAZIONE]

ubiubi

[QUOTE = "Art, post: 200543, member: 6174"]
Il 40 sembra migliore con disinvoltura ma è comodo quando indossi il tuo kit di rievocazione .. Io stesso sono un 40 e con il mio midrift magro e le spalle e il collo stretti sento che la stella è facilmente la migliore che ho avuto finora dei 3 diff elc A2
[/CITAZIONE]

ubiubi

[QUOTE = "Art, post: 200543, member: 6174"]
Il 40 sembra migliore con disinvoltura ma è comodo quando indossi il tuo kit di rievocazione .. Io stesso sono un 40 e con il mio midrift magro e le spalle e il collo stretti sento che la stella è facilmente la migliore che ho avuto finora dei 3 diff elc A2
[/CITAZIONE]