• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC size question

WingAndaPrayer

Hey gang
I found a size 48 house model on greedBay for what I think is a decent price for an ELC ($700). It’s tagged 48 but the measurements are
22.5 shoulders,
27” chest
26” body length
27” sleeves.

The waist size is not listed, would anyone know what it most likely would be? And do these jackets fit “snug”? I had a QMI that was an inch up from all these measurements and it was uncomfortable. But my SMW is the exact same measurements and fit well outside of snug shoulders.

Last edited:

WingAndaPrayer

Is this familiar to anyone here?
4E8BF9AA-3CC7-4C9A-B6C2-F991F7D5FFC7.png

Southoftheborder

Depends how old it is. The earlier ones were bigger all round and later they slimmed them down. It seems quite big at six inches chest over the marked size so it might be an earlier one. It would probably fit you unless you have a massive waist I would think.

Just saw the picture and this looks like an earlier on so will be big all round.

Last edited:

bn1966

Those are big numbers for an Eastman 48. & don’t to my eyes resemble any recent spec. Points to an older production jacket as stated. I’ve recently acquired another ELC A-2 in a 48, studied options out there & spoke to Eastmans..no 27” chests & 22.5” shoulders came up in conversation. Those knits are horror show too…

WingAndaPrayer

Depends how old it is. The earlier ones were bigger all round and later they slimmed them down. It seems quite big at six inches chest over the marked size so it might be an earlier one. It would probably fit you unless you have a massive waist I would think.

Just saw the picture and this looks like an earlier on so will be big all round.
The seller said his best guess is late 90s early 00s

WingAndaPrayer

I know the knits are trash but I have a set from sheeley that i didn’t get around to using on that FiveStar that I sold off. It’s not going to cost anything to replace them as my aunt is a professional seemstress and can do them for me.

So I took a flyer on it and made an offer that was accepted, I should have it in about 2-3 weeks.

WingAndaPrayer

Those are big numbers for an Eastman 48. & don’t to my eyes resemble any recent spec. Points to an older production jacket as stated. I’ve recently acquired another ELC A-2 in a 48, studied options out there & spoke to Eastmans..no 27” chests & 22.5” shoulders came up in conversation. Those knits are horror show too…
There was a guy on here a few weeks back with a big size ELC, Popeye(?), that was in the same measurements. He said he was told it was some kind of promotional thing for the Pearl Harbor movie. I wonder if this is the same jacket with hastily(cheaply) replaced knits. I remember he was also in the UK just like this one. And the jacket was just posted yesterday, so I’m really starting to wonder??

B-Man2

Hi W&P
I’m not trying to piss on your moment in the sun, but that jacket was over priced at the original $709.00 asking price . Throw in the additional $52.60 for shipping and now you’re looking at $761.00 for a jacket that still needs knits and sewing work . I understand that your aunt will do the work but you still paid for the knits . So I’m guessing that they cost about $75.00 or more. So now you’re into the jacket for about $836.00. I don’t know what you paid for the jacket but you could do better for sure. If the jacket arrives and there’s just one more thing wrong with it that the seller didn’t mention, you might consider filing a “Not as Described “ claim against the seller with EBay and getting all of your money and shipping fees returned . Just trying to give you some options so don’t shoot the messenger.

Tattoo A2

There was a guy on here a few weeks back with a big size ELC, Popeye(?), that was in the same measurements. He said he was told it was some kind of promotional thing for the Pearl Harbor movie. I wonder if this is the same jacket with hastily(cheaply) replaced knits. I remember he was also in the UK just like this one. And the jacket was just posted yesterday, so I’m really starting to wonder??
The jacket you bought has been on that site on and off for 3 months or so, I have Eastman 48s, and that one is an older one with the wider measurements, you can see how smooth the leather is too. Not like the grainy types out there now.

WingAndaPrayer

Hi W&P
I’m not trying to piss on your moment in the sun, but that jacket was over priced at the original $709.00 asking price . Throw in the additional $52.60 for shipping and now you’re looking at $761.00 for a jacket that still needs knits and sewing work . I understand that your aunt will do the work but you still paid for the knits . So I’m guessing that they cost about $75.00 or more. So now you’re into the jacket for about $836.00. I don’t know what you paid for the jacket but you could do better for sure. If the jacket arrives and there’s just one more thing wrong with it that the seller didn’t mention, you might consider filing a “Not as Described “ claim against the seller with EBay and getting all of your money and shipping fees returned . Just trying to give you some options so don’t shoot the messenger.
I hope I didn’t get duped. But yeah, if thing is even slightly off I’m going that route and see what happens. I only got it because it’s an ELC and I’ve wanted one for awhile. I’m running out of options for a decent jacket under $1k. I was going to get a seal SMW but those have gone up $300! SMW is a fine jacket but not $800 nice.

B-Man2

I hope I didn’t get duped. But yeah, if thing is even slightly off I’m going that route and see what happens. I only got it because it’s an ELC and I’ve wanted one for awhile. I’m running out of options for a decent jacket under $1k. I was going to get a seal SMW but those have gone up $300! SMW is a fine jacket but not $800 nice.
For about another $350-$400 you could have a tailor made GW new from JC . Now that wouldn’t include the shipping or the import fees but you’d have some time to save that up. Just passing on info to you .

Chandler

Interesting that they pictured those add-on inside pockets, but there's no mention in the description.

FWIW -- I know a couple people who got the Pearl Harbor jackets (if that's what this is) and really liked them. Hope this turns into an unexpected gem for you.

Members online

Latest posts