• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC RW 27752 A2

Marv

I recently purchased a new ELC RW 27752, what with GW not taking any more orders at present I decided to take the plunge on an Eastman.

Well I am very impressed with the new horsehide that ELC are using, it's an excellent colour and shows a lot of grain and seems very easy to break in.

I have taken some photos of the jacket after about 3 days wear and a couple of hot water misting session which has definately helped.

From what I can tell so far I think the jacket will look better and better the more wear it gets, anyway see what you think.

da3969b2.jpg

daef791b.jpg

2dae9e75.jpg

9773365c.jpg

f9783165.jpg

f5e27c1f.jpg

44288571.jpg

b4b796ad.jpg

Probably not the best pics in the world and should really invest in a decent camera instead of using my iphone. :?

Weasel_Loader

ELC has really picked up the game. I'm sure ELCs sales have picked up also with the hold on orders from GW. Good luck with it and it looks great! ;)

Marv

thanks chaps, I will try and take some better quality photos over the next few weeks showing how the jacket develops with wear.

@Andrew, just been reading your Dubow thread and this is one cracking jacket, you must be extremely pleased with it, everything JC produces is just fantastic.

deand

The grain, the rippling on the sleeves, and overall appearence, would lead me to believe that's how they looked back in the day! Great looking jacket!

dean

ScottoLaw

Congrats. Nice looking jacket. Is this the one with OD thread? if so, do you find the green thread very noticeable in contrast to the darker leather or does it blend well? Hope that made sense? Enjoy!

Regards
Scott

Marv

@Scott,
Yes the 27752 has the OD green thread but to be honest I doesn't stand out per say, and personally I think it blends in nicely with the seal brown horsehide.

Marv

thanks guys, I have been wearing the jacket every day since I got it and it definately seems to be breaking in very well even faster that my ELC PH A2 and has developed plenty of grain/creasing in all the right places.

Not built up enough courage yet to give it a HW bath but that will probably come over the next month or so no doubt, so should be looking mighty fine for Flying Legends in July where I can parade it off at the ELC tent :)

Booked my tickets the other day for the Saturday 9th July so here's hoping it will be a great show (it always is), with great weather and an even greater display of A2s around the airfield.

Marv

Had the jacket for just over 2 weeks now so thought I would post a few more pics of the wear over this period, as I am at work these are just quick snaps....

a8f729c5.jpg

e098377a.jpg

9ddfe7b6.jpg

b666d398.jpg

5ac06737.jpg

4ab1043c.jpg

324493bd.jpg

A

Anonymous

Looks very nice,
it's true they have upgraded their leathers considerably.

congrats

art of a2

Blimey are we talking about FL (flying legends) so soon. Are we in need of a role call yet or shall we pencil in some names now..?