• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC RW 1401-P 40R

cornhusker

After much deliberation, I finally decided to purchase an Eastman A2! At first, I placed an order for a Werber on HPA, but Charles let me know that they were unfortunately not making them at this point in time due to that the person making the Werbers was retiring. However, it may have been for the best as I stumbled upon Brettafett's thread for his holy grail ELC 1401-P. The fit and finish on his jacket was perfect and it pushed me to switch to the RW 1401-P contract.

There are definitely no regrets for choosing the RW over a secondhand Werber or waiting for ELC to resume production. The color of the Vintage Havana horsehide is beautiful! It is a darker russet (which I prefer) with different hues over some of the panels. The grain is fantastic! The best part imo is the difference in grain between the front left and right panels.

http://imgur.com/a/rVwuSfo

As for the fit, it is a little on baggier side as compared to some of the tighter fits I've seen on some A2s. But it is not overly baggy like a Cockpit for example. It's just enough room for maybe a sweater and to have a decent amount of movement. My chest is right at 38" and Charles recommended to size up to the 40R. I believe that was the best decision. I think I could fit into a 38, but it would likely be much too restrictive and too tight for my preference. Imo the fit is similar to a typical WW2 fit. (I don't have any fit photos at this moment, but I'll get them posted asap)

Silver Surfer

outstanding! those elc 1401s just get better and better. it appears that your jacket was made with the newest hides that gary emailed me about. like the man wrote, " wear the hell out out it and it'll only look better and better"

cornhusker

The jacket looks great. I can see you’ve got a head start on breaking it in.
Nice work!

Sure did. I've had it for almost a month now. Been wearing around the house and early in the mornings. Still too hot here midday for A2 weather, but at least I'll have it well broken in for when the time comes around!

Members online

Latest posts