• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Roughwear B3 old version

mulceber

Is this common opinion (serious question as I'm in the process of setting up some sales)?

$700 is a high price for second hand repros, even Good Wears?

IMHO, GW would be the exception to that rule, in large part due to their long lead times. But for used Aero or Eastman shearling? Yeah, $700 would be close to the upper limit.

Out of curiosity, what size do you wear, @Chandler? (just wondering if I should be on the lookout for your offers).

Chandler

Out of curiosity, what size do you wear, @Chandler? (just wondering if I should be on the lookout for your offers).
Well... that's just it, the 4 jackets I'm lining up for sale really don't fit me well.

I'm a 44 in modern sizing, so in a jacket made to 40s specs I take a 46... but the sleeves are often too long. Such is the case with the GW I want to sell. Fits okay in upper body, but the sleeves are too long. I didn't want to take the chance to alter the sleeves and have it botched, so I figured I'd sell to a "better home."

Micawber

Well... that's just it, the 4 jackets I'm lining up for sale really don't fit me well.

I'm a 44 in modern sizing, so in a jacket made to 40s specs I take a 46... but the sleeves are often too long. Such is the case with the GW I want to sell. Fits okay in upper body, but the sleeves are too long. I didn't want to take the chance to alter the sleeves and have it botched, so I figured I'd sell to a "better home."

I have the same problem with sleeve length sometimes but can shorten them in house as it were so it's not an issue for me.

917_k

The thing with this and many other eBay listings is that the market decides. It’s definitely not going to sell for £1k and eventually the seller will realise that, until then it’s just one of thousands of listings clogging up eBay. This also demonstrates one of the problems with eBay now and why it’s getting harder to find decent stuff on there: it’s free to list, so lots of commercial sellers can just dump a ton of listings on there at no cost and chance it with the price, leaving the items to run and run, sometimes for many months. Other private sellers items get lost amongst all that garbage, so both as a private seller you’ve got to do more to get your item spotted and as a buyer you’ve got to sift through a lot of overpriced junk to find decent stuff.

mulceber

Yeah, I’ve noticed that as well. I’ve often wondered why they don’t drop the price. If you’re not getting a sale after a month or two, seems like it would ultimately be more efficient to take the sale you can get instead of reposting it endlessly in the hopes that someone someday will bite.

John Lever

Some sellers don't know the market so just Google an item and post a price based on that.
I think eBay shops and traders should have a separate site from private sellers. But sometimes private sellers can be dodgy. I bought an ELC B3 listed as mint and unworn, I returned it as it was clearly neither of both...worn and dirty.
Yahoo is my choice