• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Re issue 16159 "great escape"

missonnier

Hi guys,
I'am looking at his Re issue 16159 at the moment, some of you have advice on it and/or pictures ??
Looking at a size 38 btw ;)
Cheers !
Philippe

Brettafett

Hi Philippe,
It has the same pattern and fit as ELC's 27752. The only difference is really the pockets, the finish and the addition of the Hilts name tag/ USAF decal.
I don't think its looks that great in person... Looks a bit 'fake', scratched... ELC's version of this jacket could be a bit blousy/ boxy depending on your body type.
Anyway, I think a RW27752 with timeworn finish looks better, esp if you ask for a more subtle finish. Plus, it'll be cheaper.
I assume you are considering ordering one from Eastman new? If not you could place and ad on ELC's Classifieds asking for one... 'Wanted ELC RW16159 Great Escape A-2' etc... Email Rob at Eastman and ask him to place the ad.
Good luck and if/ when you get one, please post a review and fit pics ;)

missonnier

image.jpeg
Hi Brettafett,
Thank you for your advice, yeah, I consider to buy one, 1300 pounds is quiet expensive but I like the finish Re issue ;) the Best way for sure is to find a second hand !
I have the Luck to find a very Nice BK RW 27752, and I see also the difference with the pockets ;)
I Will post some picture of this BK beauty.

missonnier

Mainly on Japan market with buyee proxy, plenty of buzz and Real mc coys, still some The few, at least half price from New ;)