• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Popup store London 2018

stanier

The price rises are somewhat unfortunate. Given that the pop up shop is a short walk from where I work I went down there a few times. I wasn’t really looking to buy and was really just looking and it wasn’t until I popped in with my wife on Saturday and she noticed that her B-17 that we got last year for £500 is now £700 that it came home to me how much ELC prices have escalated in the last year. I suspect that this has more to do with managing demand than anything else but it is deeply depressing for those that have supported ELC through the years, but maybe UK support just isn’t what is needed right now.

The pop up shop is largely for me something that I go to look at items I’m interested in and then order a little while later, and I would like to think I’m not alone. Whatever, if ELC is not interested in UK orders then don’t dangle temptation and do the pop up anymore. Having said that, there seemed to be no shortage of enthusiastic customers whenever I visited this year, so maybe I’m in a minority.

It does seem to be moving from a case of priced to be expensive but you’ll make the effort if you love the items to just bl**dy expensive and beyond reason.

Sad, but it’s now better for me to source what I want from Japan for example from other makers and if I get duty charged sometimes, then in the round I’m better off.

The guys at ELC and running the pop up shop are lovely to talk to, and I had a wry smile to myself when one was asking about my Buzz Rickson B-15. He said he hadn’t seen one for a few years and asked if I got it from them. I replied that I didn’t and I got it from Japan. He said I must have paid a pretty penny! True it wasn’t cheap but it was less than my wife’s B-17 back then and can be bad for a lot less now, though ELC don’t do them.;)

MeachamLake

It does seem to be moving from a case of priced to be expensive but you’ll make the effort if you love the items to just bl**dy expensive and beyond reason.

It is unfortunate, and I did bring this up in a diplomatic way with them...It was implied by the guys there that things like the new Vintage Warhorse leather used on the A-2 Winter Mod are part of some ongoing efforts to try and at least enhance the products as prices rise.

Still, it's getting very pricey.

Members online

Latest posts