• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Perry B-3

B-Man2

I think with Covid we really could all be spending more time out in the fresh air through the winter months even "at the pub" so you're not just convincing yourself here. Whats the view on Aero's B-3's in comparison?
Flash
I’ve never owned one from Aero but I really think that Aero has pretty much nailed down all of the details and the quality manufacturing techniques that ELC has done. I’m sure that it’s a quality jacket and that you can’t go wrong with one.

stanier

I like the look of Aero's jacket. My only point of jacket nerd query is the horse panels on the sleeves seem slightly too angular and off on the website pics. This may very well just be me or the pics or a mix of both and I'd like to see one in person and / or more pics. I'm assuming that the overly long cuff fleece is a thing of the past.

I would like too a much closer look at a Good Wear B-3 but I would like the jacket for this coming winter and so as a likely source feels improbable.

stanier

Stan
I love the Irvin’s and B-3s but I have to tell you buddy that going into a bar , pub , restaurant etc they are a pain in the ass. They have to be taken off and stored some place and they are thick and bulky . You can’t walk around and leave the jacket for fear it will be gone when you get back so you have to stay close to it or take it with you. If you’re in a crowd you stand out like the Michelin tire logo. It’s not a user friendly jacket anywhere in those types of places BUT...... you will be the coolest looking guy in the place !!

Yes I remember when I had the Roughwear B-3. I kinda got used to knowing where I knew I could have a seat for the jacket..! And the niceness, or not, of the other people at the venue!

Lord Flashheart

That Mr F is a very good point I will add to my list!

And the beauty of this argument is that it's self-propelling ... "I need a B-3 in case we go to the pub in the winter and it's good for the economy too" naturally becomes ... "We need to go to the pub now because I have my B-3 and it's good for the economy too".

Do you know what, know you're convincing me :cool:

Grant

Can't go wrong with the ELC Perry. Here's mine bought second hand from John Lever years ago.

B31.jpg

Micawber

Purely as an aside tand possible reference [albeit a HLB Corp] his was the last original B-3 that I owned then sold on like all the others I've had over the years I thought this was one that I used to wear winter driving a previous Jeep but judging by the rest of the photos in the same batch reckon it was one I bought for a flight gear mannequin display in the museum.

DSCF2595.JPG
1598101316986.jpeg
DSCF2594.JPG
DSCF2599.JPG

Mannequin 01.jpg