• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC or GW RW 42-1401-P?

blackrat2

Given the smooth leather gonna say earlier Eastman but certainly couple pics appear to be from Johns site

Chandler

Something dodgy about the pictures being used on this one. Couple shots showing that typical ELC "Made in England" tag attached to the spec tag, then it's gone in the last image.

WBOONE

That backdrop and the reddish cloth at the top of the display is identical to Goodwears. It has to be a GW A2. Something a little dodgey here

Chandler

Looking at the images on my desktop for clearer views and it looks like the seller is using multiple, different jacket images to pad his sale.

I can also see that there were badges attached to the collar -- very tell-tale holes and indentations left behind.

Full description is also revealing.

Last edited:

foster

I'm assuming the jacket with the tag in the neck next to the label is the one actually being sold, which is an ELC.
They used some GW photos.

It's misleading to say the least. And overpriced, IMHO.

Brettafett

Yes, thats an earlier ELC RW1401 thats up for sale, but... the cad has gone and used one of John's RW1401 pics for the 'hero' shot. Not cool.
Why not just take one from Eastman if you want a shop-shot...