• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC or Aero D-1 ?

s4rmark

Hi, All.

After visiting the ELC pop up shop I have got a hankering to add a D-1 to the collection . Have any of you good people out there got a D-1? and would you mind posting images and opinions on these jackets From these or any other maker.

Thanks.

stanier

I have an ELC D-1 from when they were fitted with Crown zips and I’ve posted pics on here previously. I’ll see what I can find. It’s probably about 10 years old now and I love it. Having said that if I were looking for a new one now I would certainly have a good look at the Aero D-1.

ausreenactor

Sold my ELC D-1 at the start of the year. Well made. HUGE fan of the Aero Redskins although I have never had one... Either.. or. You will be happy both ways.

Smithy

The ELC is £950 and the Aero £745 but you can customise the fit on the Aero. Real question is whether the ELC is worth the extra £200. I don't have either but if I was buying a D-1 I reckon I'd be perfectly happy with the Aero, plus I could put the 200 quid towards something else.

s4rmark

Yes , the Aero is better value and I did say on a previous thread that I wouldn’t buy another new ELC jacket because of the monstrous price rises of recent. But you know how it is , I keep getting this little devil in my head saying “go on you know you want to buy it”. I’m resisting at the moment hence the reason for this post.

Officer Dibley

Better value is ok when comparing equals. However, the ELC is WAY better and has more authentic fur thickness - the Aero is too fluffy. If that bothers you, it will eat away at you and you’ll wish you’d spent the extra dosh.
Only you can answer that question....

Last edited:

Pilot

IMHO, best fleece ever...maybe worth to be considered....Buyee and Rakuten have a few right now.
FF5D8BEA-FBFB-4CC2-99C5-DF7AE3F83A97.jpeg

crism1

Better value is ok when comparing equals. However, the ELC is WAY better and has more authentic fur thickness - the Aero is too fluffy. If that bothers you, it will eat away at you and you’ll wish you’d spent the extra dosh.
Only you can answer that question....

I thought they worked on fleeces in the last years, at least for the Irvins they are way different than the past - lighter more "realistic" for whatever the word means for us

Clark J

I’ve owned 2 ELCs and 1 Aero D-1 and a B-3. . All mine where purchased 10 + years ago and I think ELC had the better jacket . That said I don’t know how each compare now . My ELC had the new finish and the repo Crowns ,, really hated them .