• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC new sky high release!

ausreenactor

£949 =$1,143.00 US dollars for repro boots.
Who’s going to be the first ? :oops:
C’mom …. even the Pro Eastman guys here have to be thinking …..
View attachment 91153
Have never seen them reproduced.

If I go to the UK I will be wearing thousands of dollars worth of gear to save duties...

And Raiders wore N-1 boots as well. They are only USD$300 from ATF.

Tim P

They look simply amazing and would be 100% for seabees too. Like anyone I could stand to lose the embossing. Of course my problem is the same as most people’s in that I simply lack the wherewithal (or maybe the inclination, but more likely the cash) to make the investment required.
In the same way as Norway sought to cure alcoholism by making booze eye wateringly expensive, so my absolute fixation with any and all things eastman was cured. Of course I wish them well and applaud their inventory additions but their pricing disqualifies me. Quality or not.

Chandler

And Raiders wore N-1 boots as well. They are only USD$300 from ATF.
If they have any left. ATF lost their latest boot contractor and have been looking for a new one (again). Last email from Rollin still didn't have an estimate of new production times.

Maybe WW2 Impressions?

mulceber

My opinion on ELC pricing has evolved a lot, ironically from a conversation I had with JC. He told me a story where a couple years back, he and Gary met in person and, by way of conversation, John marveled at the fact that Gary now has 8 employees. Gary responded "yeah, and now all I do all day, every day is sell, sell, sell, sell, sell." I don't think Gary's sipping Mai Tais on Majorca as a result of these price increases. He's keeping the business profitable. I'm not going to hold it against him that he's charging what he can and keeping a manufacturing business afloat in a very expensive labor market.

Having said that, am I going to be getting a pair of these boots? Nope. Not all that interested in the design, and even if I was, the "Eastman" stencil around the top would be off-putting to me. But hey, if people are buying it, more power to him.

FWIW, I recently bought a pair of Gary and John Lofgren's Tanker boots in russet. Hell yeah they were expensive, but they're beautifully made, solidly constructed, wear like iron and look cool as hell. If you spend your day on your feet like I do, you appreciate quality boots. IMHO, Lofgren boots are worth every penny.

Oh man, now those are a product I would be interested in. I've been eyeing the tanker boots for a long time. How do you find the arch support in them? And do you have any fit pics?

Grant

My opinion on ELC pricing has evolved a lot, ironically from a conversation I had with JC. He told me a story where a couple years back, he and Gary met in person and, by way of conversation, John marveled at the fact that Gary now has 8 employees. Gary responded "yeah, and now all I do all day, every day is sell, sell, sell, sell, sell." I don't think Gary's sipping Mai Tais on Majorca as a result of these price increases. He's keeping the business profitable. I'm not going to hold it against him that he's charging what he can and keeping a manufacturing business afloat in a very expensive labor market.

Having said that, am I going to be getting a pair of these boots? Nope. Not all that interested in the design, and even if I was, the "Eastman" stencil around the top would be off-putting to me. But hey, if people are buying it, more power to him.

Oh man, now those are a product I would be interested in. I've been oggling the tanker boots for a long time. How do you find the arch support in them? And do you have any fit pics?
I have rather narrow feet and find they give great support. The full leather lining also makes them very comfortable. No fit pics but when I get time I'll take a couple.

bellumbill

FWIW, the ELC Raider boots look to be too tall - Raider boots were an ankle boot. They look pretty nice, no idea of how they are constructed to say whether they are too expensive or not? Either way out of my price range. Funny, to me I would much rather see a well constructed historically correct WWII US Paratrooper jump boot than raider boots, but that's me. That said, still wouldn't pay $1000 US for them. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays all.

Best,
Bill K.

SuinBruin

Eastman can and should charge what they want, it's the market at work. What bothers me about their business model is the VAT issue, they are deliberately misleading foreign purchasers into paying a 17% overcharge. F*** that.

John Luder

The difference between those and Corcorans is the lengthened quarter, shortened vamp, and no toe cap. But let's face it, the Marines were the bastard step-children of the services and wore army hand-me-downs so often that they created their own shoulder insignia to wear on army uniforms to distinguish their uniforms from the dogfaces'. I have brown jump boots, and wouldn't hesitate to wear them if I wanted to do a Marine Raider kit, which I wouldn't, because I'm not old enough or fat enough to be a re-enactor.

Spitfireace

They look simply amazing and would be 100% for seabees too. Like anyone I could stand to lose the embossing. Of course my problem is the same as most people’s in that I simply lack the wherewithal (or maybe the inclination, but more likely the cash) to make the investment required.
In the same way as Norway sought to cure alcoholism by making booze eye wateringly expensive, so my absolute fixation with any and all things eastman was cured. Of course I wish them well and applaud their inventory additions but their pricing disqualifies me. Quality or not.
cure alcoholics by taking all their money. make them homeless. like incurable jacket addicts.

Spitfireace

Eastman can and should charge what they want, it's the market at work. What bothers me about their business model is the VAT issue, they are deliberately misleading foreign purchasers into paying a 17% overcharge. F*** that.
I would go elsewhere. Even charging a percentage of what not supposed to be charged in the first place is highway robbery I tell you.

ausreenactor

The BR M42 Service Shoes are £450 and every size is sold out. There IS a market at that price point. Even as a 'small batch' Lofgren boot they are worth it..

Steve27752

I love the ELC jackets and over the years I have had several, A2's a 27752, 1401P, Star, House, , and a B-6. Today I have a 1996 made 1940 'Irvin' (44"), a Monarch A2 (44") and now a D-1 (Large).
Yes, they are now expensive. I either save up my pennies or buy second hand.
The jackets are far better than most of their competitors.