• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC new sky high release!

Rutger

I know we like our boots here at VLJ but check out ELC’s new Raiders boots - great looking boots for sure BUT £949!!! Yes nearly a £Grand for boots - anyone here gonna go for pair?
Oh right. Kinda like some of our company's suppliers. "They are gonna buy it anyway. Just double the price".

MikeyB-17

They don’t do it for me. Wouldn’t pay that even if I could afford them. ELC have obviously got customers who will pay what they’re charging, so they’re going right on ahead and charging it. I’m quite pleased I got my old House A-2 when I did. They don’t make them any more, and I doubt I could afford it if they did.

Smithy

I see expensive things all the time that I like but can't afford, usually cars like like Porsches.
Paid 20 quid for a pint last week in Tromsø.....I'm not bitter.

That's why here in Norway we have the fine tradition of "vorspiel" and "nachspiel" if you're going out on the town and hitting the tiles. Exceedingly important.

Smithy

I'm sure the boots are lovely but I'm not paying that much for a pair of combat boots. Others though may disagree.

If I'm after an A-2 I'd rather push my moolah GW's way. Others yet again may disagree.

ELC are obviously shooting for the stars with their pricing and it's pretty clear that people will pay that kind of money for off the rack stuff. Luckily for the rest of us there's lots of other options and price points.

B-Man2

£949 =$1,143.00 US dollars for repro boots.
Who’s going to be the first ? :oops:
C’mom …. even the Pro Eastman guys here have to be thinking …..
84D93D8F-E33C-4D3E-AF36-192F533BAC23.gif

Chandler

"Buckles: Solid brass - blackened."

Buckles?

FWIW -- looks like a couple sizes already sold out.

bn1966

Scored my semi retirement 50 Cal A-2 from ELC a few weeks back, new boots today..£70 from Clarks for NOS, going nowhere near a pair of ‘Raiders’…crazy money. £10 for a Dominoes pizza tonight with ‘Blue light’ discount.