• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Luftwaffe jacket sizing questions

Griffon_301

Seems like I have a talent of digging up ELC jackets for reasonable prices recently...
I have come across a 15 year old (according to the seller) black ELC Luftwaffe jacket in a size 48. Asking price is reasonable but I never tried one myself so I just have measurements according to HPA to go when trying to figure out if 48 would fit me or if it would be too big...
The guy offering the jacket says he was 181cm tall and weighing 85 kg when he bought the jacket originally so that would put it square into my body measurements territory... HPA measurements indicate a chest of 26,5" which would be too big though for me...

So if anyone owning one of these jackets could help and provide a little insight into how this jacket fits, that would be nice...

I am usually a somewhere between 44 and 46 type of guy, depending on the cut of a jacket....

Thanks in advance for any inputs...

Boyo

I am a size 48 in most jackets and have had the Luftwaffe in size 48 which fit me well. I suspect if you are normally a 44-46 it will be 1 size too big. that said If its a good deal, you may want to give it a try just incase. I doubt it would be hard to sell if you were unhappy.

ES335

I am a size 48 in most jackets and have had the Luftwaffe in size 48 which fit me well. I suspect if you are normally a 44-46 it will be 1 size too big. that said If its a good deal, you may want to give it a try just incase. I doubt it would be hard to sell if you were unhappy.
As someone with a 44 Ostmann, I agree with this ^. I sure hope that helps.

B-Man2

Phil
I now own Boyo’s ELC LW jacket in size 48. I’m pretty sure you and I are just about the same size . I’m 6ft 1” and 220lbs . Here’s a photo of me in the jacket . You can decide if it will work for you.
33D9CAAC-FA1A-41EA-A211-0AA07C585139.jpeg

ES335

44 fits me perfectly. Mt PtP chest is 23.25. Bear in mind for what its worth, thats an Ostmann and I'm 185lbs/5ft8".

Last edited:

Boyo

Burt, to be clear that’s a “Hartmann” which was also a size 48 but fit more like a 46. I have also previously owned a black HH luftwaffe labeled jacket which Eastman now call the ostmann. The luftwaffe jacket fit me more true to size in 48. The sky blue moleskin lining is really nice, and warmer then you’d think.

I just dug this pic up from the Archives… man I shoulda kept this….!
A31E93A1-6ED4-4650-97CD-61B33466418E.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Burt, to be clear that’s a “Hartmann” which was also a size 48 but fit more like a 46. I have also previously owned a black HH luftwaffe labeled jacket which Eastman now call the ostmann. The luftwaffe jacket fit me more true to size in 48. The sky blue moleskin lining is really nice, and warmer then you’d think.
Ok … my mistake … on a personal note I love the jacket you sold to me :)

Tark

Are you talking about the jacket now called the Ostmann? I'm on the other end of the scale wearing a size 36 with a 92cm chest. I'm not sure how the largest sizes fit, but for me the cut was fine in the chest (but not enough room for a sweatshirt or sweater). The shoulders did not droop--they actually fit quite squarely and nice, but they were restrictive due to the lack of an action back (think the A-2). Sleeves were quite slim and I don't think I could squeeze in anything more than two shirt layers with the cuff zippers and button snaps done up. You might struggle with the inside pocket if you've got a larger phone because I found the inside pocket bag to be smaller than a U.S. Navy jacket's.

Attachments

• PXL_20220120_020711266.jpg
    PXL_20220120_020711266.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 171

bn1966

I’ve got one of the earlier Luftwaffe ELC jackets in a 46 and it’s a perfect fit, all my other ELC jackets are 48’s because I found 46’s too small in the chest and shoulders. I’m a UK 46“ chest.

Griffon_301

Thanks a lot to all of you for your responses... I think I might give it a chance if it is available still early next week...
We are going to pick up our new family member, a Hovawart pup, tomorrow and the weekend will be well spent making our new puppy comfortable in her new home...
Come Monday I will make the final decision then and let you all know of course :)

Griffon_301

Oh boy, I was about to write the guy today that I will take the jacket...

Just to put my mind at ease....my ELC G-1 in 46 is my best fitting jacket IMHO...is this LW Ostmann in 48 so much bigger compared to a 46 G-1?
If so, I will let it go then....

Enigma1938

Oh boy, I was about to write the guy today that I will take the jacket...

Just to put my mind at ease....my ELC G-1 in 46 is my best fitting jacket IMHO...is this LW Ostmann in 48 so much bigger compared to a 46 G-1?
If so, I will let it go then....

Bear in mind that the Luftwaffe jackets are supposed to be trim

Griffon_301

Yes, that's true! Funnily, I have never tried a ELC Luftwaffe or Hartmann jacket when I saw one so I am relying on your opinions and the measurements from HPA...

Thank you all very very much for giving your thoughts and opinions :) you are a great bunch of people!

robrinay

I’ve got an Ostmann in a 42 and it’s a snug fit which is not too surprising as I usually take a 44 for my 43” chest and broad shoulders. My 44 Eastman A1 and 44 A2 fit true to size. I don’t mind the snug fit in the Ostmann - it’s wearable.

J.R.303

I'd love to see a pic of that jacket with 15 yrs of wear. Care to post a pic or two?
Here you go.
I have no idea what the random pic is, nothing to do with me!!

Attachments

• DSC_0453.JPG
    DSC_0453.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 143
  • DSC_0454.JPG
    DSC_0454.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 153
  • DSC_0455.JPG
    DSC_0455.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • DSC_0456.JPG
    DSC_0456.JPG