• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC is doing better than some may think

Serghei87

Well i just got a confirmation from ELC that ELC will not be attending the Duxford show in July because they have AT LEAST 6 months of orders to complete.

They will come at Pop Up shop in November though.

Smithy

I think CBI makes a very good point. The higher prices are because they want to attract a certain client base and move away from where they're been focused previously. That's why they've had three prices rises over the last year or so, they are re-positioning themselves and who they wish to target.

TBH, I think they probably don't really care about the airshow scene as much as they used to because the majority of their business is probably coming from the Far East and not really the kinds of people hanging around Duxford and Flying Legends et al.

foster

I have been to the ELC tent at two different shows in the past, and at the time I wondered how stressful it must be to have so much new inventory out there for any passer-by to handle and potentially damage. There also were not that many sales of jackets taking place when I was in there, so seems like it was a costly venue with sparse sales.

Officer Dibley

I hope the staff at Eastman are seeing some of that success in their pay packets.

An ageing original customer base is not a great future proofed business model.

And as has been said, how many people try on a jacket at an airshow Vs how many bought one there ?

Once upon a time, Eastman had a few A-2’s in the American Hangar. I guess they didn’t sell enough to make that worthwhile....

Edward

I wonder if everyone is being put on the wait list... could this maybe have anything to do with the recently announced Apple+ financially backed and greenlit 9 part series based on Masters of the Air? maybe they got a contract order for the wardrobe department.. (hopeful thinking.) we should be hearing about some pre production starts really soon I would think.

B-Man2

If you have an Eastman that you were on the fence about selling , even an older one , you might want to reconsider letting it go, and hang onto it. With the new price increases, ELCs pre owned jacket prices will get a bump as well. If this continues, I can see it getting to the point where you can no longer afford the jacket that you used to own, but sold off
A few years back.

Serghei87

I am glad i decided to go to Pop Up shot last month. No way i was going to wait another 6 months or more.

Have anyone went to their showroom in Devon by the way??

Last edited: